Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Finally got my new 320dl

CBS ยท 2011-06-26 01:01

Finally got my 320dl *** after waiting 2 months for it to come in, i sure wont miss the old 315 with 5500 hours on the clock had it since new also still works awesome and goes hard everyday just not with me in it

Replies6
  1. #1Motat2011-06-26 03:23

    315 at 5500 Hrs sounds like just run in to me. My son's 312 has done 11,000 hrs.He did close to 7,000 hrs on origional chains. Machine should be replaced now tho. He also has a 320D,but whats a D I ?????? PS D series suposed to be more thrifty on fuel ,but still seems bloody thirsty like it seems are all Cats. I hate to say it as we are Cat fans ,but seems like other makes leave Cat for dead. I have a D4H 3304 engine which is useing 19 ltrs pr hr in heavyish work. Anyone else with same observations ???? Regards

  2. #2masterwelder2011-06-26 08:28

    I think CBS means D L, long track. Lower case L (l) looks like an upper case i (I) sort of...

  3. #3sultan2011-06-26 20:52

    Your D4H sounds like its burning way too much fuel to me. I don't think a 90 HP 3204 (not 3304) should burn anywhere near that much, though I don't have a dozer to compare. My 105 HP CAT IT18F wheel loader (with a 3114T) only burns 8-11 litres per hour.

  4. #4Motat2011-06-27 02:13

    My D4H [series 3]has a 3304 turbo eng.rated at 105 hp. I think it uses too much fuel but to compare it to a wheeled loader may be a biot unfair. Im talking backing up, steep and pushing down hard so eng is working most of time . Regards and thanks for your reply

  5. #5sultan2011-06-27 11:51

    Oh, you have the series 3 version. That makes a little more sense. I still believe that the D4H, even the series 3 version, uses a 3204 and not a 3304; I could be mistaken though. I know that you can't can't directly compare the fuel burn of a wheel loader to a bulldozer though. A dozer is working hard most of the time, but a wheel loader is only working hard when it's filling the bucket.

  6. #6Motat2011-06-28 05:04

    Thanks for your reply. I can assure you tho that Series 3 certainly have 3304 eng.as did D 4 E tho naturally asperated and only 75 hp Regards