just wondering if liebheer sell excavators in north america only seen them here with magnets or grapples never with a boom and bucket
Yes there is a dealer in Walpole Ma . selling them. I have seen a few around , maybe 2~3 .
Worked on them here in northern indiana a local contractor has 5 or 6 of them.seen some in ill.on way to iowa friday
What size is it
There's a liebherr dealer here in Ontario; I've been to the dealership. I've run a couple liebherrs a bit too. They're not very common here. Parts availability is rather poor compared to the more common makes here. Other than that, they make rather nice excavators. They're comfortable, smooth, and barely sip fuel.
921,945,942,912 litronic,952,902 on tires,and a 900 guess they had more than i thought.
The first excavator I ran was a Liebherr 945B in 1976. My father bought it from Rivquip in Prince George, BC. It came with a feller buncher boom and a hoe boom. Cut trees in the winter and dig dirt in the summer. He went on to buy a 965 in 1979 and another 965 with a Pierce log loader boom a year later. The Deutz engines were despised but the rest of the machine was pretty good. He still had the 945 and the 965 excavator when he died two years ago. They have both been patched, reworked and repowered with Jimmy's, 471 and 671 respectively but they still worked until the 945 blew a final drive a few years ago. When my father discovered that a new final would cost more than a Hitachi or John Deere to replace it he left it right where it sat. The first excavators with pilot controls, or so I was told.
liebherr and colmar france after going to the liebherr factory and asking for a tour in january and being treated pretty poorly i must say i don't have one good word to say about these folk or their frickin high dollar tractors. i know they make a hell of a machine and everyone that runs them loves them. any dealership or factory with a closed door policy is no good in my book. i did not just show up either wanting a tour, i asked to make an appt. was very polite but afterwards i just hopped in my rent a car and split. how can these guys be so darned arrogant? well, go figure. i will stick to my bobcats and link belts thank you very much. i could go on and on but it is not worth it
could anybody tell me the proper operating weight of Liebherr 945 excavator please want to sell it for scrap don't want any surprises when i get the cheque
I just saw my first Liebherr's yesterday. Two 924's working on the side of I-95, south of Orlando. I didn't think they make it this far south.
Is it possible to get a "factory tour" at a Cat factory in US? Just like that? If not, is Cat **** because of that? No, I don't think so!!
french excavators don't get me wrong here smitten. i think liebherr makes a great machine. i have been to many factories here in the United States. i asked to make an appointment and they were very arrogant. that's all, different society different people.
I have gotten a Cat tour with less then a 24 hour notice.
RECO Equipment in Indianapolis Indiana is a dealer
CD, I'm sorry you did'nt have such a good experience when you visited Colmar and there could be any manner of reasons for this. Liebherr certainly doesn't operate a 'closed door policy' but for obvious reasons we can't just let people wander up to the factory gates for a tour as and when they please. If you're ever in Colmar again, or any other parts of Europe for that matter that Liebherr has factories, PM me here and I'll ensure that you get a tour and hospitality the same as any customer, current or potential. BTB
Hi,german very good excavators,the L-945 weights about 45 t.
Recently I had to do repairs on a Liebherr 932;had a 4 Cyl.Liebherr engine.Went Ok once we got the right parts;which wasn't easy.
Spent alot of time in a 942 loading ADTs. Very well balanced and smooth machine. Would love to run another one. Also spent a fair amount of time in a 954. VERY tough machine, spent most of its life in a quarry and just kept going. 10,000hrs and the dealer came out and changed the main bucket pin because they coudnt believe it was not bad. After taking it out they couldnt find a wear spot on it. Have to love the full floating pin design!