Hi Guy's, Well after getting stuffed around by the bank for over 6 weeks I finally got that MF50B home and for 6K cash I reckon it was a good deal. The backhoe needs some work done to get it going but the frontend loader is in good nic. The first job was laying down some dirt/clay on the driveway upto my shed which did prove to be fun. I ended up getting a soft spot and whenever I put the blade dowm with the front wheels off the ground to try and compact it the whole machine was skidding around 90 degrees and near going over a 2 metre drop. I found by taking my foot off the brake and quickly flooring it I managed to stop going over but it was fun as it was doing wheel stands. Anyway lots of more fun times to come and I am looking forward to every chance I can have to get in it and have a play. Regards Bryan
That's a tidy looking old hoe Bryan. :thumbsup Hope it's got a seat belt - & don't be shy about using it - especially around those drop offs ! Keep safe mate :drinkup
Well welded up the kingpin on the backhoe today and got the hoe working so I went out to the back of the farm to get some rocks for the wall I'm building. Dugout a few rocks, went to turn around then the engine cutout for no reason. Now it just cranks over and won't start, I did check the lever for the off position and it was fully back, plenty of diesel in the tank too. So any pointers as to why it cutout and now won't start? The hoe is now stuck out the back of the farm 1/2 way up the hill. Regards Bryan
Hey Bryan, I don't have experience with the Fords but my Case has a fuel shutoff solenoid on the injector pump. No power to the solenoid=no go. Could be worth looking at??? $6k sounds like a good deal!