I just bought this beast and I don't have a clue as to the floor mounted (2) levers. It is a shuttle shift (forward and reverser). I need to know where and what type of fluids to put in it if you can help in any way I would sure appreciate it. It is an older?? 310 model. Thanks guys,I know someone here can help. Fred
I have a 310C TLB. Is that what you have? If so, I may be of help.
I used to have a 310 25 yrs ago. IIRC, left stick is hi, low range and neutral, right stick is 4 spd 1,2,3,4th gear. Use the reverser on the dash to go ahead, back up or stop (neutral position), no need to depress the clutch when using the reverser, just use the clutch when changing range or gears using sticks. Oil to use is torq-guard (John Deere). Hydraulics, trans and diff use the same oil, one common reservoir for all in the diff/trans. There is no separate hydraulic tank.
Thank you both on the 310 I don't know what series it is for sure, the info placard says 310 and 410A for specs on it but the serial# does not say. The PO said it was (is) a 310 but I only get search for 310A and later and no info as to the shift pattern or fluid specs. Thank you for the shift specs you gave me, that will at least let me do something with it. I know one of the left hand lever positions is super slow but I couldn't figure out what or where to put the right lever. Thank you both for all your help. Fred
norite do those fluid rules match for a 1994 JD 310D...? As in same fluid for the reverser, main hyd resavoir etc....?
I don't know whether the 310D uses the same oil for trans, diff and hyd as the 310/310A's did. Hopefully someone familiar with the 310D will post a definite answer. My guess is that they still do, it was a good system, but I would like to know for sure myself.