It was a long, cold winter, but Peters Family Trucking now has multiple jobsites going... WHEW!!! This was my first winter as an equipment owner, so I was in for a big surprise when the rain began falling! I knew it was going to be slow during the winter months, but I didn't anticipate just how slow! Thank goodness for high scrap prices! Does anyone have a similar experience? Or am I just a slow learner??? www.petersfamilytrucking.com
sweet drios of misery In louisiana winter rain if referred to by many in the construction business as sweet dops of misery because of the misery of looking out at wet equipment knowing the bills are piling up and the old bank accountis dwindling. Makes you think about another line of work.
Unless you're doing state work, it's slow everywhere in the PNW in the winter. The rain is the killer, tough to do finish work in the mud. Lots of highway work here, some big pipe/utility jobs, other than it's slow during the winter.
Usually Jan. and Feb. are slow if not stopped, which is fine to get whatever shop work done. The economy here is in stall mode so I expect a slow year . Did get a little dozer work and rented the grader out, probably keep the wolves away but that's it.
I wish it was only raining. I am still under 3' of snow in upstate NY.