Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1988 dresser td-7 dozer pricing help 300hrs

pdoo2 ยท 2008-03-20 17:34

Help, I need to come up with a reasonable price for this machine. It has been stored in a warehouse unused for years. The undercarrage shows little use. It pushes great forward in all gears. It is slow with little power in reverse gears 2 and 3. first works great. The machine has no damage and runs and operates great. The front blade is very tight with no damage. The machine is 20 years old but is in great shape. What is it worth? Was this a good year for these machines? The owner doesnt want to part with it cheap. Will I be better off with a newer machine with more hours?

Replies9
  1. #1stumper1202008-03-20 17:41

    sounds like the reverser seals may be dried up from sitting? around here td 7s and 8s go for between $12,000 to $22,000 in various conditions. sounds like you may have found a gem for the right money you cant beat those old girls in my opinion.

  2. #2Countryboy2008-03-20 20:10

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums pdoo2! :drinkup

  3. #3rocko592008-03-21 15:22

    Hi Pdoo2 Yes stumpers right, these are very good little tractors with no major issues, this one should be a Dresser with a 4BT Cummins in it. It could either be the seal rings, although they should be cast iron hook rings or maybe a sticky range selector valve. The trans filter is in the left compartment by the seat & the suction screen is under the floor panel on the right inside of the frame, check this first-no cost for you. The pricing is in the ballpark too. That is very low hours so it should be like new. Russell (IH/Dresser mechanic)

  4. #4sweetiepie2008-03-27 09:13

    I did some clearing with one of those tractors. Same year as what you are looking at. It was a tuff machine. I was very surprised at what could be done in a 14 hour day. If you can get it reasonable and then get it running (which shouldn't take much from the sounds of it) You could make some money with that machine. Question is how low will he go? If you could get that machine for around 10 to 12k I would be jealous. Good Luck Hope it works out

  5. #5RonG2008-03-27 15:21

    Nice to see you Rocko,hope you make this a regular stop.We need your expertise to add to the mix here.Ron G

  6. #6Countryboy2008-03-28 20:58

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums sweetiepie! :drinkup

  7. #7texascadillac422008-04-02 15:20

    To give you a little comparison, I just picked up a 2003 Dressta TD7H (basially the exact same machine, 4bt powered) with 1200 hrs for $24,000. Granted its 15 years newer, but has 4x the amount of hours on it. Hopefully that will help you find a reasonable price for the '88 model. Sounds like you found a gem with only 300 hrs on it. As far as I am concerned, the later TD7s and 8s were some of the very best small dozers ever made.

  8. #8prudog2008-08-29 15:24

    Hey TexasCad (or others) How is that TD-7H working out? I am looking at a 1998 model. I believe 2000 was switch from Dresser to Dressta... any significant changes? I am looking at one and the guy is asking $25k with 2100 hours. Says u/c is 85-90%. I am scarged to death to take the plunge, but don't want to dye without having once owned a dozer.

  9. #9JimInOz2008-08-30 22:11

    Td7 I noticed a similar posting on IBDozing some time back....was that your posting? I think there are a few jealous guys out there.I'd love to get that opportunity...Good luck with it. Hi R 59....nice to see you here. Jim