Any good leads where to find a cheap usable crusher? I have an unlimited supply of concrete rubble, and a small amount of limestone. But am looking for something to process old concrete pavement into something usable. Down the road may consider a screen plant as well to separate the fines out. So if there is a crusher/screen plant all in one may be interested in that also. This is totally new to me as I have never been around aggregate crushing. Any tips, tricks, and places to learn are greatly appreciated.
Did you win the lottery? You're gonna need it for this venture.
That's what I'm seeing. This the reason I asked for cheap used up stuff. May no even be a possibility. But a guy can dream right.
How many ton a hour you wanting i need one of these.
I've seen these online. Was wondering how many tons they can do. I would need to produce 15-30 tons an hour to justify. What I am seeing these units only put out 5-6 ton an hour
Used up is gonna cost more to get up n running than it's worth. See about optioned rentals before taking the dive. See if that's what you really want to do. You may just burn through all the material in a short term lease. Have you crushed before, do you have a loader and an excavator to keep her fed? Are you gonna run into problems with the local municipality over dust control? Got a good water supply? Is your material contaminated with tramp iron and other uncrushable material? Planning on a jaw or an impactor? Each has advantages and disadvantages. Both depending on how much help and equipment you're willing to dedicate to this endeavor. Weigh all that against, "What can I get for the finished product? " There's a few here who would love to see you succeed and willing to share experience and suggestions. Just don't want to see someone sign a deed on the poor house with eyes wide shut. Good luck
Is this on ****. WAYFAIR or AMAZON. It looks like it's powered by a 9hp Honda?
Looking for a jaw crusher I think. The material I have is basically iron free. I do have excavators with hammers and Loaders to feed/sort/size down. I have never crushed before I don't think it will really pay to try and produce and sell this material. Mostly looking for my own jobs. We do sewer and water works and produce around 1-20 dump truck loads of broken concrete per job. If I could dump myself and not have to pay then have a usable product it may be worth it. But I'm not looking to turn this into a full scale crushing operation. Simply a support operation for my existing excavation company. Honestly the reason I want a 15-30 ton per hour plant is so I could dedicate a week or so every 6 months to crushing and only crush a couple times a year
Then I would strongly recommend a rental. Try it for 30 days. See if it's something you might be interested in ling term. Crushers, regardless of type, do not want to sit. Vermin set up shop and eat wiring and such. Crushing equipment is usually investment grade. Meaning it's purchased for life and used till it's dust. Used usually only pop up at auction from either a heavy hwy project winding down or an aggregate business going belly-up. Both will be lacking routine maintenance and suffering neglect. Keep that in mind. A small jaw 42" or so should hit your target. I tend to preach KPI/JCI when it comes to crushing and screening. Lately I've been looking at electric plants from Kleeman. There's a buttload of other mfrs, I'm just familiar and comfortable with these. Keep in mind, made in USA will be more profitable than paying import fees and tariffs on off shore brands. Plus how many guys are knowledgeable about foreign power plants vs Cat or Cummins. Just food for thought.
I'm not sure you're going to be able to get usable material with only a jaw, the tighter you choke it down, the slower you're going to get stuff through. My guess is the smallest you're going to be able to efficiently produce will be 3" minus. Maybe that's small enough?
Are you planning to sell material or use it on jobs? There's two companies near me that recycle concrete and sell it as base material. They seem to be doing pretty well. Keep in mind you can charge others to dump their concrete at your yard and make money on both ends. It will take an investment but in my area there's a good market.
I'm hoping to get 1-1/2 materials. Plan on using myself, unless it goes over well and there proves to be a market. I can buy crushed concrete around here already from one supplier. They routinely run out tho. I'm doing this more to avoid the dump fees
Any ideas where to look for a rental machine? I am unaware of anything local to north east Kansas
Murphy rented tracked crushing and screening equipment in the past. Not sure if they still do.
18 horse honda copy. Play toy
I don't have an answer to that. Check with the bigger equipment sales , Cat, Deere, Komatsu and Volvo. One of them should be supporting infrastructure building and maintenance. They should be able to either help you directly or hook you up with a guy. Roadbuilders are pretty tight. Everybody knows somebody.
Back in the 90's, there were a lot of used, compact, "all in one" Crusher setups for sale. Several companies had built them in the 50's and 60's, for the military. IF, you could find one of these old rigs, it would be perfect for what you want to do. Most could make 2 or 3 products at the same time. Usually they were jaw/roll, or jaw, impact rigs. They generally ran off of a stationary diesel sitting on the rig, or close by, (with belts). I don't know if you can find any of these old rigs in operating condition anymore, but they usually had low hours. Parts should still be available from aftermarket suppliers. Pioneer and Cedar Rapids built most of them as I recall.
Pardon Our Interruption
Thanks shimmy1 looks like what I'm hunting
Used Construction, Agricultural Equip., Trucks, Trailers & more Transform your operations with our heavy equipment auctions! Browse through farm equipment, construction equipment, and more. ✓ Check online today! www.purplewave.com
I've seen that one. It's new enuf it has all the emissions BS on it. I've got one machine with def/dpf. I absolutely refuse to buy anything newer then 1990 now days. I can't keep those **** burning machines operating. Thanks tho. Sorry for the rant, but these new rules ruffle my feathers.
I am in Kansas City, I have a buddy seems to know everyone in the area. If you are close, I can ask him about a used unit or a rental option
That would be great! I'm just east of Topeka
I bought a used tracked jaw crusher 2 years ago. I ran it to load, unload, track it onto my property, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. If I get it fired up and producing this spring when I get back to my property, I will post video and information.
This is the one I bought
My buddy said he would talk to some people but it would probably be after the holiday, he mentioned that no crusher has had a easy life which seems obvious but a good point to make and that no matter what you buy(if you go that route) is going to need some work if not immediately then somewhere in the near future. I don't see that at the quarry, but some of the smaller places I go their crusher goes down more than I would like it to. He said Foley would probably rent you one (them seem to rent everything also said you might look at United rental. Curious how much stuff you have to crush? Since you are looking and getting a taste of the cost of one you must have enough to justify the purchase. KHC has a yard that started out for just their stuff but now are open to the public,you can dump and buy gravel there. Is that where you are thinking you will end up? A friend of mine familys went that route also, they tried to do it on their farm and city shut them down as soon as the leaves fell and people could see what they were doing. They had to move the operation somewhere else but fortunately they had bought some industrial land next to another friend that is doing the same thing
As a thought:Would it be practical to get one of those small ones in the pic above, a mini excavator to load it, and a low wage dude to run it full time? It may be cheaper than the full size unit buy in and maintenance.
This would not work as well as you think. Obviously I'm throwing out a WAG here, but I'd think market value for crushed concrete is $10-12 per yard. If that thing can do average 5 yards per hour, that would hopefully be about 40 yards per day, unless your low wage dude wants to work more than his 40. $500 a day is kinda light, IMO. These numbers could be way off, I don't know.
Here we are (depending on where I go) $4/ton for screening up to $17/ton for 3/4 clean. That 40 would be $680-labor and fuel, factor back in your dump fees Could be a good start to get you moving in the right direction to upgrade later. I wonder if that little guy would keep up with how fast you bring in concrete.
Andrew Cammarata made a U-Toob video on one of those, and then a slightly larger one, and then a full sized used one.
You need to find an old 544 cedar rapids. Roll crusher, jaw and screen box all in one. We had one. You could be in the pit and set up in an hour. The spreader they have now makes more product, but takes days to move and set up
Publiquip | Publiquip Publiquip: search or advertise heavy equipment: Machinery, trucks, trailers, excavators, loaders, backhoes, bulldozers, graders, forklifts, telescopic handlers, cherry pickers, aerial work platforms, tractors, pavers, rollers, crushers, screeners, harvesters, skidders, snow blowers, attachments... publiquip.com Is this what you are talking about, this one is in Canada,I just clicked the first one I saw
That's it. Lots of moving parts to wear out but it's just one move. If you can find one with the welder for building up the rolls, even better. 48900 probably needs lots of work. Ours went for over 80
Rebel Crushers are all in one like that. They seem to fetch a pretty penny used though. Rebel Crusher For Sale | Rebel Concrete Crusher | R.R. Equipment The Rebel Crusher is the perfect compact mobile crushing & screening machine. Crush rock, limestone, brick, concrete, asphalt. Made in the USA! www.rrequipment.com
The Rebel is not quite the same. It looks to have only one crusher. Those old Cedarapids and Pioneer plants had two crushers, plus a "ferris wheel" arrangement, that carried the oversize back to the second crusher.
I remember hearing about a guy that got caught in the rolls on one
Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com
Have you used your crusher yet? It must be well into "spring" in Florida by now.
Crusher is on my property in TN. I was up there last weekend doing an eval, haven't been there in 2 years. It looks like I need about $4-5k in batteries just to get started on the equipment revival.
I forgot that your land is in TN. Hopefully the mice didn't play too much while the cat was away.
Thank you... I was thinking the same thing.