Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Finding Hydralic Leaks with UV Hydralic Dye Detection.

Bubba ยท 2015-02-02 01:10

Does anybody know if the UV Hydralic Dye work to find a Leak in a Bobcat. My Mechanic is about to brake me on finding a leak. He done cost me about $500.00 and the dang thang is still leaking. I don't blame him because time is money, but I got to do something else. This on seal at a time aint getting it. Spectroline sold at Grainger has the dye but I'm not sure this stuff will find the leak. Appreciate any help anybody can offer.

Replies2
  1. #1melben2015-02-02 11:46

    Case uses a dye and blacklight system and it seems to work quite well, same concept as UV dye in AC systems. Snap on as well as others have the blacklite kits and a pair of glasses that male it more visible.

  2. #2durallymax2015-02-02 19:48

    I use it a lot especially on cooling systems. Just make sure to get the right dye for what you are working with. Remember to wear glasses and not stick your hands anywhere either.