I am considering finishing off the hydraulic lines down the second 1/2 of my dipperstick and had questions: 1: Should I use NH parts, or is this a generic hose I should make myself at a hydraulic shop? 2: From pictures I see of other units, there is a simple loop of hose added and a line that runs about 3/4 the way down the second 1/2 of the dipper. Is this the normal termination point for aux hydraulics? 3: Is this where a grapple bucket typically plugs into? 4: I have a footpedal switch included that plugs into an electrical port in the cab. Seems like a hammer pedal. If I want to add a grapple bucket, I wouldn't think this pedal switch would work. Does anyone know what sort of 2way switch would be needed?
Contact Bobby Hudson at Hyd Circuit Technology, he can fix you up with what you need. http://www.hctkits.com/index.html
The other thing I forgot to ask is how do I mount the hydraulic coupler on the end to the side of the dipperstick? I'm not to keen on drilling the boom.
The hyd coupler? If you are referring to the aux line on the stick, that would be a short piece of hard pipe mounted with clamps. The clamps are typically welded to the side of stick. Click on the link to HCT website and you'll see some pics of loader hoes with aux circuits on the hoe.
Yes at the end of the hydraulic line is a coupler for coupling the attachment like a grapple, to the auxillary line on the dipper. That way you can switch attachments. The ones I saw on other LB115 dippers are a bolted clamping mechanism.
$700 for all parts from NH. WOW.