lets see some pics of bad-ass fire fighting equipment- either stuff that you have seen or found online! ill get it started.
got plenty more
some more:
more
...
a few from the us forest service
they just keep coming!
ok--this is it for now======
Are you a fireman, or do you just dig their trucks? Why do firemen wear suspenders (not a joke)?
http://www.holleymountainairpark.com/amenities/firedept.stm They don't have the shiniest equipment on the planet, but there aren't many ISO 1 certified volunteer fire departments around. My friends dad is building a hanger/house down there so i got pictures of all their stuff i just can't find them right now. The guy developing the airpark is a retired fire chief so when they hit natural gas he invested a lot in equipment. The really amazing thing is the average age of the dept is 57 and they still were able to meet all the training requirements for ISO 1. Earlier this year they got a call for a house 3 miles away and were pumping in under 7 minutes. I don't know about you guys, but when my neighbors call the fired department b/c they think my house is on fire and not the pile of brush a 1000ft behind my house it takes them half an hour to get the 5 miles. Now, the holly mountain guys do have a severe advantage since they all live right there, but still.
here are a few of boise fires trucks and equipment. they just got a new tiller rig to replace the old one.
yes. im with north montgomery volunteer fire department. the first two pics in post #3 are some of our trucks. we wear suspenders because the turnout pants weigh so much that when you run or walk they tend to just fall right off. here are a few more pics of our trucks. third pic is actually the city of montgomery but it just looks cool so here it is.
great pics! keep em commin!
a couple of those trucks you wouldnt need a dozer to clear a road for it
:thumbsup
ive more pics comin. weve got a practice burn tommorow night if the rain holds off. i should be able to get a few good shots
334, Hope you don't mind if I add a few :usa
few more, same fire : 334, hope you guys get to do that practice burn tonight.
well- the rain held off but it ended up that the family did not move out of the house in time.:Banghead half of their furniture is still in there. i dont know why you would donate your house to the fire department for a practice burn and then not move out when we ask. knowing that we are scheduled to burn it tonight. anyways. when we do burn i will get some pics up.---and i dont mind that you posted those pics. the more, the better.
...
It just makes your day bad when they don't move out. I know one good way of eviction! Nice lights, bet your truck lights up real nice. Can't wait to see some more pics from you!
......just keepin the thread goin.:usa
Don't ya just love MT Horeb's black trucks. I'm about 40 mins south of there and everytime we get to go up there its a treat. Very sharp rides, ALL BLACK. Trbo Ranger 6x6(worth its weight in gold for what we do with it, both a fire unit and avt/off road rescue. Over looking the truck bay.
Nice looking equipment thanks for sharing the pics.
oh man- thats a nice station...and great lookin trucks.-we only have 7 trucks between two stations.-but uh-yeah i love mont horebs trucks. especially their engines- those things are huge!--seen thier videos on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ItpWDIuZ40
Rain! sorry bout the lack of pics guys. on tuesday, somebody tried to break in my house around 3:45 am so i was busy with the police all mornin and then i had to work the rest of the day-and then today, well as you know its been rainin. but i promise that as soon as i get em theyre goin in this post.
ok-so i found some more pics online today since i couldnt get any of my own lately. so here they are........
some utv's and offroad stuff.
these two had lights installed about 2 blocks from my house at the same place that i have mine installed at. its called "emergency lighting by haynes". but these two are from talladega superspeedway.
few more
....
these two dont really have to do with the trucks, i just thought they were kinda neat.
last two for now.---i put the second one in there because i have that t-shirt. orange beach is where my familys beach condo is located. they have a huge department.
What use would the Los Angeles fire co. have for a wrecker?
it has two uses....first is to tow their trucks when they break down. the second is to help stabilize vehicles, equipment, materials,etc. in an emergency rescue operation.
gotta few more i pulled off of the internet and from HAYNES AMBULANCE up the road from my house.
Haynes ambulance and now from HAYNES....
few more from haynes(and santa!)
some of the area law enforcement.(i know its not fire related but its all i got at the moment, bear with me guys)
cops are welcome in this thread too! and a few more law enforcement
last few of state troopers... and the other two are of my truck when it only had the single dash light.-oh how it has changed-i will upload pics of the lights that it has now very soon.-i just havnt been able to get any.
oh man- i forgot these two! ointhead
........:usa
again, if you got pics, throw em on! cause im runnin low right now:Banghead
I love the police SUV with the CAT plate on it! Keep the pics commin!
oh-thats my truck before i had all of my whelen lights installed. that was about two years ago. actually, i think im gonna go grab some updated pics of it right now.
finally-the new pics of my POV.(personal truck) here they are....first few are of star svp phantom and federal signal led dash lights and grill lights-the other is of the whelen led lin3 on the side of my toolbox, and the next one is of my whelen led 700 series on the rear of my toolboxes, the last is of the new whelen led vertex's in my reverse lights. all are amber/red
next two are of the back window decals on my truck and also the interior view of my radio and light bars.-code 3 v-con siren is on the other side of my dash out of view by the drivers door pillar. the last two are of my siren and my badge.
man- its hard to catch flashing lights on camera. but im hoping to get a video of my truck and my buddies truck( which is absolutely amazing) on youtube. ill put a link up wheni do.
Nice truck! Looks like you have put a lot of time and money into it. I have a question, which you don't have to answer, how much do you have in lights and sirens? Your truck sure must be very visible. Looks Great and, be safe out there!:usa
nice pics love the black pete eng looks sick im a fello vol fire fighter in cy its neet to see what lights you can run in your state we run all blue unles your a pfficer then you can have red and blue pluse a siren stay safe and fight the good fights:usa
No problem. I have just over $1900 invested in lights and siren. (isn't ebay great?:drinkup) but it would have been around $2600 new from the whelen distributor. you think mine is great you should see my buddies. he has over $3000 in lights which i picked out and installed (everybody always comes to me for lights, and yes i do charge labor ). in fact i may get pics of his up when i can. its absolutely amazing. and as for color, we can only run red, clear and amber. no clear on the rear of the truck though.and red must be clearly visible on all sides of the truck. i did have headlight and taillight strobes until a couple of weeksago but i took them out because that will be the final thing to upgrade to led.
nice we dont have a mandated thing about lights haveing to be visable at all corners but i have a walen edge 9000 light bar in blue 2 les shome grill strobes up front 2 norman grill strobes in the bumper 2 on the back rack and 2 hide aways in the reverse lights
One of our newest tanker in my hometown dept where I'm D/C. Another. 3300 gallon poly tank with 1250 pump 400 hp. Nice truck. One of our front line trucks up home at pump test. 2001 Luverne Rescue pumper. 1000/1250, front suction, A/B Foam, top mount, full rescue tools set-up etc... And from my "real" job, Ladder 1 at a fire. I was on the second floor when the pics were taken. Concrete house, damn hot. And my daily ride, Engine 11.
Awesome! I give you guys a lot of credit to be volunteer, and use thousands of dollars of your OWN money to make your vehicle look professional. Those new LED's should be cool, take a video if you get a chance. Thanks. Mike
fire equipment pics: Engine 57, Esperanza Fire Very, very nice pictures sir. Here are a few links about Engine 57, and the Esperanza Fire. This is a long... 58 page pdf. http://www.wildfirelessons.net/documents/BDF_E57_Support_Mission_Report_final_31May2007.pdf This a smaller 9 page pdf. http://www.fire.ca.gov/fire_protection/downloads/esperanza_10_appendix_09_engine_57.pdf Also, you can search this site... there's a wealth of information about fire fighting in general. http://www.wildfirelessons.net/Links.aspx Best regards, OCR
hears my truck cant get the pics to load directly to the site:Banghead http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/mech3/01 dodge/ImportedPhotos00078.jpg http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/mech3/01 dodge/stacksandparty00004.jpg front of the truck lit up http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/mech3/?action=view¤t=Captured2007-02-0700001.flv back of the truck lit up http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/mech3/?action=view¤t=Captured2007-02-0700002.flv
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL! i wish i had a truck like that. ive been lookin for a dodge 2500 to replace my chevy. and as far as the engine 57 thing, it was a terrible accident. i really hate to hear things like this but it does happen. i do have an application in with the forest service as a fire dozer operator. the reason that i have the sticker is because i work in the forestry business part-time and also because we own a tree farm. they kinda go hand in hand.
P.S.! THE PRACTICE BURN THAT I MENTIONED EARLIER IS BACK ON FOR THIS SATURDAY. I WILL TRY TO GET AS MANY PICS AS I CAN AND THEY WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS I CAN GET TO MY COMPUTER. :notworthy
atgreene, i love that tanker. who manufactured it?
Gotta love those Internationals! Keep the pics commin. 334, good luck with the practice burn.
Nothing to crazy just alot of apparatus in one place. In memory of Captain Robin Broxterman and Fire Fighter Brian Schira. April 4th 2008
here are a few more. I have alot more also if anyone wants to see them
yes please post the rest
So sad what happened to those two, for no reason. May they rest in peace. :usa
practice burn!
more!
ive got a lot more so hang tight.
they keep coming!
....
some more
lotta pictures, aint it.
:usa:drinkup:bash
yay!-there i am in the blue shirt. man that camera makes me look fat.
...this is the first time i have ever taken a picture of the tanker.
thats all.:Banghead
nice pics that kw t300 is nice we have one just like it with a 2000 gal tank cat motor alicon push butin tranny things sweet
yeah. i love it. probably my favorite tuck. we even went with the wood grain interior.
....
heres a few more
many more to come
and some more
I dont mind putting the pics up just let me know if you want to see them. I still have many more
334, yalls tanker looks alot like my stations.. and that practice burn, are there a few explorers in there? just curious, some of them look smaller than the rest with cleaner turnout gear.
I've posted these pics in a different thread, but I had to make sure the Knoxville Tennessee Fire Department was represented in this thread.
its a beautiful tanker aint it. but no there werent any explorers. just some really short guys in the department. and that kid in the tan shirt is a friend of mine but for the life of me i dont know how he got in so many of these pictures.
ATCO, love the pictures of the Knoxville fire department. I've got a ton of pictures from the Jackson Ave. fire a couple years ago. My uncle used to run a Rural Metro station out of his house in Riverbend about 20 years ago, always love seeing the fire trucks.
To clarify, my location says I'm in Auburn which I am for college, but I'm from Knoxville.
I'm curious about that robot looking deal about to load that guy into it's belly in post 27. I'm sure it's a peice of rescue gear but the bleeding thing looks like it's goin to shove the dummy into a woodchipper. What is it and what's it do, besides chew on people?
It's a recovery vehicle. If a man is down in a hazardous environment you send in this remote controlled machine to rescue him without putting additional personnel at risk. That's the theory anyway. I think if he saw this thing coming at him he just might get up and run to safety! It's interesting that they use a dummy for demonstration rather than a live subject.
Thanks Steve, It does look like a scary kind of deal. And just the kind of thing I would use to terrorize the nephews with. :tong
Yeah, the McClung Warehouse fire was quite a blaze. The warehouse was a complex of three buildings connected together, the first built in 1893. Brick outside, all wood inside. There were 3 firefighters on the third floor of one of the buildings when fire rushed through and trapped them. They tied hose together and scullied out a rear window. Knoxville has a well equipped and very professional fire department, I offer kudos to them as well as all other fire departments everywhere for the work they do regardless of the danger to their own lives. :notworthy p.s. as for going to Auburn U...we'll forgive you for that.
Ya that fire was when I was still in high school, and I heard about it when I woke up and "was sick" that morning and went to the fire. The woodworking company definetly didn't help that fire slow down at all. I checked your website out, and maybe if the can put the Auburn and UT differences aside haha, once I get out of Auburn and back to Knoxville and start putting a business together I'll talk to you about doing some business. I really like the looks of your root grapples, give me about 2 years and I'll get back to you.
Well, I'd say just about any of us on this website can say this; "if we're still here in 2 years!" Business is tough right now just like keeping working is tough for a lot of folks at this site. Don't get me wrong, we're hanging in there. Not much equipment moving, the attachments is what's keeping us going right now. I'm looking forward to when work picks up for everyone and business is good again. My best wishes for work and good business for everyone at this website, and my deepest thanks to all the firefighters here. :notworthy
choppers! some of our best airborne fighters.
Not a fire truck, but here´s a rescue van that´s been modified with 46'' tires. I tried finding pictures of one of the 46'' ambulances, but couldn´t find any. I´ll have to take some pictures next time I´m in Reykjavík.
oh man. thats awesome. yeah try and get those pics. i'd love to see what they look like.
my department just saw these and now wants one for working the drag races. i already have a rtv 900 and love it. now i want one of these too!
Any new ones? Found a few pics I forgot about, anyone got more? 1. Pierce Ladder 2. Another city's battalion 3. Same city's heavy rescue 4. & 5. Old Dodge Engine
more.... 1. & 2. FD's Old Willy's Jeep 3. & 4. F550 (I think) 5. Old truck, I have no clue what MFG. :usa
Wish you had a more complete shot of that ladder truck turning the corner. I haven't seen old equipment like that in quite a while, nice to see it still working.
I just missed that one, I had just finished the route myself. This was an annual parade last year. Its in about 3 weeks, If I see that one I'll be sure to take a few pics.
heres another one for ya:usa
My ride, The 11 Horse got hit once again, Tuesday. 2nd time in 2 years in the pump panel, both times it was code 3, both times someone ran a light, both times in the pump panel. Engineer was sent to the hospital precautionary. Truck was slated to go out of service June 8th to go to Wisconsin for new frame rails (Pierce warranty on 10 year frame), so it is now oos and headed there soon. Also had one of our Pierce ladders hit in the pump panel this winter, down for the count permenantly now.
Geez! I hope thay hand out some stiff penalties for the offenders, really..people are so stupid these days. Like they didn't see the lights or hear the siren. Got any pics of the damage?
E-One built it for us. air ride, wetside. Goes real nice. Auto chains, full locking, etc... etc.... Nothing fancy, but we got the tools we needed to make it do the job for us. We will be buying a second one next year or the year after so we will have a pair, one on each end of town. Here's a couple more of some of ours. Neighboring air boat. Woods Buggy 1 Utility 1 (Forestry Truck, 1 ton Dodge Cummins manual trans. 4 wd) Tank 2 1974 Mack Tank 1 (the E-One)
Never see any of hydrant shoveling! We do 1200 every time it snows. On regular time, seldom get any guys on OT to help. A couple of a large woods fire last spring. One of me right after I got hit by lightening at a fire. Was on the 3rd floor leaning against the arial when lightning struck nearby. Got a ride to the hospital in the meat wagon And me hanging out at a 2 alarm fire on Munjoy Hill in Portland.
They write them when they can, but on average we have an incident with a fire truck, ambulance or service vehicle (we also have 5 airport trucks, 10-15 staff cars, 3 fireboats, 5 island fire companies, an electrical division and numerous odds and ends) every 3 days. Something is always getting hit or hitting something. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.
I know I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd love to see some pics of the airport trucks and the fireboats. Brian
yeah, fireboats are pretty cool.
i'll try and find some. we only have a 16' flat bottom for our swampy sections. nothin fancy. ill get pics of it next time im around it.(we usually just use it for fishin since it hardly ever gets used)
I don't have many of the boats, I only spent a few months there after I was promoted. I'll see what I can find. ARFF stuff I may have, although most is on film. I spent almost 4 years of my career there, so I took lots of pics. Here's a couple, this was my truck for the last 2 years that I was assigned there. The officer got to run around in the toolbox. I'll see what else I can find.
Heres mine May as well add my F900 to the list, but sorry it is now a dump truck.
sorry sorry photo will not load:Banghead
Thanks for keeping the fire guys in mind here. Great brushtruck pic's.
FDNY-Super Pumper Heres a few I found a few years ago on the net of the FDNY - Super Pumper...LONG before my time..:usa
more.... pic 3 is of one of the satelite tenders...I think
nice d5g. im glad to see that this thread is still goin strong.
Yea, I thought I would bring it back up, hope someone has something to add!
ACTUALLY L.A.F.D. DOES not, HAS not and WILL not tow any vehicle with their tow trucks or rotator. Their classified as HEAVY rescue vehicles. Used for mass casualty, entrapment and hazardous recovery's of people and things. They contract out all their towing and breakdowns to local towers who are better trained at towing and transporting. The most towing related service they will perform is on sceene tire changes
wow, that seems like a waste of money, wonder how many times they call out the wrecker?
Actually I've been on numerous calls in my career that required a heavy wrecker. I'm willing to bet they are one heck of a lot busier than I'll ever dream of being . A heavy wrecker on-scene with a good operator would be one handy tool, not to mention if they are a mechanic. As it is we have a mechanic at every working fire at the PFD, and there's lots for him to do:Banghead. PFD should have their own wrecker at the rate we're going lol.
This is our new 2009 Pierce Arrow XT Rescue "Squad 14" * 1500 GPM pump * 700 Gal. tank * CAFS Foam system * 6 man cab * 485HP Caterpillar * Kubota/Westerbeak diesel generator * Pump and Roll capability
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1pkoPx-PK0 A short vid that a school kid did of the PFD apparatus. A couple shots of the air rescue trucks as well. And I found these on the union website. A large wharehouse with heavy fire. That's me on the arial holding the roof ladder. I took my crew to the roof attempting to vent, we were ordered off when the fire broke though further down the roof.
here are a few pics i took on may 23rd on a side note the first 2 pics are of the culkin vfd in warren county ms the asst chief of that dept had his 2 kids killed in a house fire the week before i took these pics if anyone is willing to send ther condolences to him or the dept pm and i will give contact info
more
even more
and a few more
here are some of the units at our central station pic 1: rescue 1 pic 2: air supply pic 3: combat chief aka c-6 pic 4 rescue 1 and c-6 pic 5: fire chief
more pic 1: engine 1 pic 2: fire marshall pic 3: old pickup truck pic 4: truck 19 picking up paper work at central pic 5: rear of air supply
GREAT stuff fireman, great pics! Looks like Jackson has some unique apparatus. The local parade is tomorrow, should see lots of things to post. Thanks again.
my engine company on a car fire pic 1: my driver/ lt on the pump pic 2: rookie doing final wash down pic 3: more wash down pic 4: re packing hoseline pic 5: hooking up to the hydrant to fill the tank
Any idea what happened to the car? Looks like a Nissan sentra, if im not mistaken.
it was stolen and set on fire to get rid of evidence the call came out as a building fire when we arrived on scene we found out it was a vehicle and released the rest of the companies except rescue 14 and called in arson to investigate
taken around 8 tonight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_wnLN-qpuQ
great vid fireman, you guys stay pretty busy?
yea we do we have 21 stations my station runs anywhere from 1 to 8 calls a day
WOW, that is busy...stay safe.
Good idea, videos! Never think to bring my flip camera to do vids. Here's one I took recently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awf_YIHZ2_M I have some others, I'll have to remember to upload them.
if i find time i got to get to central station we got a new rescue that came in this week
ok guys this is an exclusive you guys are seeing this before the firefighters that are getting this beautiful rig it is not even in service yet
more
Those are awesome,just keep updating,I am sitting for a watching.
Thats an awesome rig! Keep the pics commin....
a few pics i took tonight at the 4th of july fireworks show pearl fd flowing water from the deck gun
and here is the vid of the pearl fd flowing water from the deckgun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Xh2WlwrVM
Anybody bring the hotdogs? just a little fire we had lastnite anybody got the hot dogs
looks, HOT! What was the cause, do you know or can you tell?
Is that an 1 3/4 that the guy in front of the engine is using? I always wonder why people do that? Must be panic in "the heat of the battle" pulling a line like that for a fully involved building. Sometimes doing something is worse than doing nothing. :beatsme Plenty of fire there to go around, at that point you do well just to contain it to the block of origin, say nothing of the building of origin.:drinkup
cant say the cause of it its under investigation and yes it was 1 3/4 line we had everything on this fire all the way up to 2 1/2 attack line 2 deck guns unfoutunately our tower was oos at the time
I hope they can figure out what happened, doesn't look like much left to look at.
that is where the dog comes in
capt eddie mc gowans funeral i know im real late postin these but late is better than never these following pics are from the funeral of capt eddie mc gowan who was killed alongside his wife in a head on crash with a drunk driver
more
Proteus PA Firefighter extreme fire equipment - many unique creations Dt
thats very sad about the Capt. fireman, sorry for your guys' loss.
actually it was the city of clinton we sent an engine and ladder to the funeral our ladder filled in for clinton truck 1 during the funeral
thought you guys might wanna see how my day went spent 2 hours tearing down a chimney to rescue a stuck kid after he went down to get his bookbag after his brother threw it down the chimney
Another con job My son a fireman who is a master con man again hit me up for this, a C9000 Cat 3208. No money yet. I guess thats what the old mans for.
more pics 1: Engine 3 in route to a structure fire 2: On scene 3: Mutual aid arriving on scene 4: Engine 52 5: Our Engine 2
.... 1: Ladder 1 set up 2: Another shot of Ladder 1 3: Engine 3 ventilated the roof 4: Damage pic 5: another damage pic
and some more.... 1: the line up 2: the mutual aid 3: mutual aid released from the scene 4: new squad 5: fire out, overhaul complete
nothin burns like a Deere this incident was a few weeks ago, a combine about 3/4 of a mile off the road caught fire. You couldn't actually see the combine from the road, but here are a few pics of the rigs that responded...... 1: our trucks just on scene, setting up 2: comming from the other side, Engine 3, Engine 2, and Tanker 5 3-5: closer up
here is what i think of this thread
1: Tanker 5 (my favorite pic) 2: Tanker 5 released from the scene, overhaul complete:usa
our newest toy this is our newest toy put inservice last week truck 28 a 2010 e-one quest hp100 tower
sorry, no offense, but that is one ugly cab. gimme an old alf or seagrave any day.
here are a few pics of our special ops/rope rescue truck and one of our old pumper tanker trucks the special ops rig is a 99 ferrara and the pumper tanker is a 92 kme on a side note in one of the pics u will get a small glimpse or our newest rig a 2011 e-one cyclone hp75 quint
Thought id share a neat looking truck its a 2007 Pierce Enforcer in Greenville NC Its painted Purple and Gold because East Carolina University is in the town. Cool looking truck
Nice pics! Is the dodge a 4500/5500 or does it have custom suspension.(its an awesome rig)
time to revive a long dead thread our depts newest pumper a 2012 e-one typhoon pumper
Awesome.
The Auburn Fire Department's trucks have an orange and blue paint scheme, pretty neat how the University towns paint their trucks up the team colors. I don't have a pic but if you look on their website you can get a small glimpse of the engines at headquarters. http://www.auburnalabama.org/fire/Default.aspx?PageID=796
I may open up a can o worms here,and I love good lookin trucks.It just seems to me lots and lots of money is wasted in making a purpose built truck look that good.I will never take anything away from firefighters,and the equipment they need,however all that crome and pollished aluminum costs money.
those heavily reinforced military 5 ton 6x6 brush trucks do just that, they create their own paths through the woods to the fire. Used mainly in SouthEastern Massachusetts, Long Island and the New Jersey Pine Barrens
https://www.controller.com/listing/...jrm3-mars-piston-amphibious-slash-floatplanes https://www.controller.com/listing/...jrm3-mars-piston-amphibious-slash-floatplanes https://aerodynamicmedia.com/martin-mars-for-sale/ https://www.vancouverislandfreedaily.com/news/historic-b-c-martin-mars-waterbomber-put-up-for-sale/ Interesting youtube of this plane above.
When you think back on military convoys traveling on our highways what strikes me is all the broken down military trucks. Reliability is not in their DNA. Why would anyone want an unreliable hand-me-down truck like this ? Best case, the thing won't start when you get "toned out", worst case, it breaks down in a grass fire down wind from the black while you have no other support. Third degree burns would be the worst way to die.