Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Farmington Valley Tour

stretch ยท 2009-03-22 16:51

Went for a drive today through the Farmington River Valley. I wanted to stop at more places, but we couldn't find some of them. First up is a shot of the west end of the Route 72 extension in Bristol. Not much going on right now, just Manafort's JLG and M320. A while later, we ended up just north of Collinsville and found Canton Village Construction's yard. 2004F450, I hope you don't mind if we stopped by the yard for a minute. Gotta say, you guys sure have some nice equipemnt. I like that Trojan sitting by the garage. :drinkup

Replies7
  1. #1stretch2009-03-22 16:58

    CVCC continued, then Midstate Site Development's D8N. They also had a few loaders and a grader or two sitting by there. Then we stopped by Farmington Valley Equipment. Hope you like these rear ends. :cool2 What is that thing attached to the back of the tractor...shouldn't a snowblower be on the front? And admiring from afar near home, Calco's Moxy and 950F loader. That's all for now, I'll be back in the Valley again one of these days snooping around.

  2. #2special tool2009-03-22 18:35

    Nice pics, son. Looks like you got a bunch of foreign machines that someone put JD stickers on.... On the other side, what is that real Illinois machine? 245, or 235??

  3. #3stretch2009-03-22 20:20

    I honestly can't tell ya. I couldn't stick around long enough to get out and walk around them, since mom was sick of driving around all day. :bash I'll try to get back there another time, hopefully when they're open.

  4. #4cat 3852009-03-22 21:27

    looking at the track frame i would say 235,a 245 would have three carrier rollers.

  5. #5stretch2009-03-23 18:34

    Ooops, my bad. I thought you meant the Deere machines. Yes those are both 235's.

  6. #62004F5502009-03-27 01:50

    Hey man no problem, I would of met you there if you I had known you were gonna be around. I left for Fort Lauderdale Sunday morning or I probably would have been down there screwing around. No much going on, just finishing up some jobs and working in our supply gravel pits, thats where the D8L, 345, and the rest of the big stuff is. You should shoot down to the auction in North Franklin tommorrow morning, lot of iron going over the ramp, should be interesting to see what happens, probably short money. on edit...Yea that Trojan is my dad's pet, it was the first real machine they got new in 1970 and he just finished fixing it up a month or so ago. Came out pretty good.

  7. #7stretch2009-03-27 16:52

    I'll shoot you a message next time I'm heading up that way. I'm hoping it'll be sometime within the next couple of months.