Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

First 800 Tonner in Australia

Madmark73 ยท 2010-08-04 04:41

Hitachi - having the Commisioning checks

Replies13
  1. #1nickbowers2010-08-04 05:15

    nice looking machine, which mine is this in?

  2. #2Kap2010-08-05 12:26

    That's an incredible machine !

  3. #3cummins052010-08-05 12:38

    I wonder how much one track pad costs LOL

  4. #4Kap2010-08-05 16:32

    I don't know but I bet I couldn't afford the fuel to test drive it. This thing comes with it's own zip code !

  5. #5Madmark732010-08-05 20:27

    Not sure what site its at, a mate sent it through a few days ago.Will try and find out.

  6. #6Chris55002010-08-06 02:15

    Going by the dates on the photo's I'd say it's Bulga Coal's, could be wrong though. If it is Bulga's then it was the 3rd EX8000 to land down under, if it's Liddell's it's the 4th.

  7. #7Gavin84w2010-08-06 05:39

    I would agree with Chris, i saw Liddells machine fully completed in March this year

  8. #8Aussie John2010-08-06 07:31

    I think these photos have been around for a while. I understand that Mt Keith nickle mine in WA had the first one a couple of years ago and this could be the one. These photos were also emailed to me recently. John

  9. #9Aussie John2010-08-06 07:48

    Here is the Mt Keith machine, date on photo indicstes it was taken 20 January, 2008. Have seen photos of it since carrying considerable panel damage. Have just done a Google search "Hitachi EX8000 Mt Keith" and information published by Hitachi verify that this digger pictured is the first in Australia and only the 4th to be built. No.s 1,2,3 are in the oil sands in Alberta. John

  10. #10Chris55002010-08-07 07:44

    Your correct John, they did have the 1st in Australia, followed by the second. However, the photo's that Mark posted are of Bulga's (3rd in Aus). Liddell now has the 4th. So there are in fact, 7 EX8000's in the World.

  11. #11alco2010-08-07 14:29

    Chris, there are actually 9 of them in the world, not 7. There are now 5 of them in the oilsands.

  12. #12amunderdog2010-08-07 16:25

    That is a lot of very large steel. From order date to the first day on the job. I wonder just how many years are in that period? I would guess 5years

  13. #13Chris55002010-08-10 03:10

    Ah well there you go, you learn something new every day, so thanks for the info Brian, I like being kept up-to-date.