Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

First Paying Job!

RustedHeroes ยท 2017-10-30 11:40

So over the weekend I completed my first paying gig! I wanted to come on here and thank all the guys that have helped me get to this point, I really could not have got here without you. 9 glorious hours of non stop manure hauling! No breakdowns and the sun was shining, all to the music of a 3306... it was a good day

Replies14
  1. #1RustedHeroes2017-10-30 12:15

    Here's a few snaps of moving the 977L

  2. #2Metalman 552017-10-30 13:28

    Nice looking 977L there RH.

  3. #3JNB2017-10-30 15:37

    Congrats on the job! That's a nice looking load on the old Western Star. Is it your truck?

  4. #4RustedHeroes2017-10-30 16:04

    Thanks Guys, yeah that's my old truck. 79' Falling Star It's got a 300 Cummins w/ 13spd eaton, Tough as nails! Usually way overloaded, always seems to manage.. Surprisingly good on fuel

  5. #5Leebox5252017-11-01 16:09

    Nice! Good looking machines. Had to be a pretty crappy job LOL

  6. #6Junkyard2017-11-01 19:20

    Mechanical neck lay down trailers are what I started with. Our trailers and trucks weren't as nice as the one hauling your machine! All old Dowell Slumbreger trucks. The old orange and black paint job. I've drug many a winch line out and got real good at leaving it hooked up and carefully crossing it. Those were the days......NOT. Nice lookin machine. Glad to see it paying its way.

  7. #7f311fr12017-11-02 09:56

    Is the black dog your ground man?

  8. #8RustedHeroes2017-11-06 16:33

    Safety Watch!

  9. #9DMiller2017-11-07 19:30

    I can attest to the swarthiness of the old Dowell equipment, kept my butt busy 80-82.

  10. #10JoshA2017-11-12 18:08

    Nice! I'm a little west of you, similar line up. A 931 track loader, T800 winch truck and scissor neck trailer. If you drag the cable to the side , you don't have to cross it...

  11. #11DMiller2017-11-13 06:17

    Got to thinking on those old Tulsa OK days, can still remember cleaning the grease(fifth wheel) and debris off the winch lines picked up by that grease to inspect cables and winch drums. Anybody ever come up with a decent fairlead/guide/cover plate to get the lays out of the trailer connecting point and off the goo?

  12. #12sealark372017-11-15 21:43

    How much did you charge for your first paying job? Regards, Clark

  13. #13pridesculling2017-11-15 23:35

    Congrats on your new job! That's so good to know! Same here, I got one too! There's a reason to celebrate on Thanksgiving day

  14. #14Clutch2017-11-16 12:30

    Nice looking 977L, I stop and looked at one owned by a tree cutting land clearing company the other day very rough shape compared to yours.