Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fitting ID

joe--h ยท 2021-01-23 20:56

MF50 backhoe hose fittings, half inch hose with huge fitting on one end. Other end is -10 JIC but what the hell is this end? 1 1/4 wrench & 1 3/16 on the hose. Need to have some hoses made but what do I order to match this thing? Joe H

Replies13
  1. #1funwithfuel2021-01-23 21:00

    Just guessing, without measuring-12 Male JIC

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-01-23 21:12

    The hose maker will know.

  3. #3willie592021-01-23 22:29

    I agree, looks like -12 JIC male to me, all you need is a -12 JIM female cap to confirm

  4. #4JLarson2021-01-23 23:18

    Looks -12'ish to me too. I'd just do what I usually do, toss it in the back of the rig, drive to the hose hose, toss it on the counter and have em do the hose crimp thing in the back.

  5. #5joe--h2021-01-24 00:16

    Yes to the -12, but to fit 1/2" hose available? I'll call them Monday & find out. Why is the British are so fond of having different sizes on the ends of hoses? Joe H

  6. #6mitch5042021-01-24 02:08

    -12 tube to -8 hose fittings are very common.

  7. #7Welder Dave2021-01-24 02:26

    What model of MF50? Some were made in the US and some were made in the UK.

  8. #8lantraxco2021-01-24 02:59

    Just get a -12 by -10 male to male adapter, get the hose in -10 by -10 female swivels both ends, much cheaper and easier to replace should you ever need to do it again.

  9. #9joe--h2021-01-24 12:32

    Yes to Made in UK, and the adapter does sound like the easiest way out. Call tomorrow and see what's up. Thanks for your input, Joe H

  10. #10treemuncher2021-01-24 13:03

    Try downloading this PDF. https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/free-thread-id-guide.html I keep this on my desktop and on my tablet. Use this guide with a set of calipers and you can figure out most any fittings needed. I have nothing but good reviews for this company as I've made numerous orders from them, all correct and bagged with part numbers and quantities. I used to use another dealer in a different mountainous state but they were always sending me the wrong parts and wasting my time.

  11. #11Tinkerer2021-01-24 14:40
  12. #12Welder Dave2021-01-24 15:09

    Wouldn't have thought there's too many UK built machines in the US.

  13. #13joe--h2021-01-24 21:19

    Muncher, according to FedEx, I'll have 8 hoses for the front end from Discounthydraulic.com some time tomorrow. I've used them before and agree, good product. But while it was apart I thought "what the hell, might as well do the rear too. What a SOB getting these out. 20 year old hose does not want to unbend to slide through that little hole. Having fun and now some snow/rain too. Joe H