Hey guys Can anyone help me with my D8L. I want to fit hydraulic services to power a 463 scraper it's a 53Y s/n and has never had a ripper fitted nor does it have the ripper lever in the cab. Any help would be great.
C.J.Pryor have a hyd 463 and a converted 637 hyd box for sale.They used to pull them with their D8L's.maybe they have the bits to fit the tractors too.
Steve, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the parts manuals for what you'll need to fit the auxiliary hydraulics to a 53Y tractor. I assume you're planning on using the ripper control valves to control the scraper hydraulics...? In your PM include the scraper S/No as well.
Nicky I phoned them on Thursday and they have got rid of everything even the old D9G back ends. I was gutted the 637 would have been perfect .
Nige your a true gent and yes il buy a ripper valve
K.J. Services might be worth a few verbs, but the D8L is not a common beast in the U.K. its the D9 thingy now, I would poke about in Europe or even the U.S. to locate these items, Finning U.K. does run a breakers yard for good used bits? but K.J.s' have stuff coming in from every place and have a sharp chap up front that likes after-shave they would even help you with the shipping if you found the items needed yourself, Nige will tell you all the stuff you need to the washer no trouble, avoid them there Rome Box things. tctractors
Steve, a lot of hydraulic parts got moved lock, stock, and part number from the 8L to the 9N when the model numbers changed, so you may get lucky.for the hydraulics you need. I'm just wondering out loud if there was ever a custom arrangement for the 8L/9N for hauling a towed scraper. That would have had three extra hydraulic functions.