I know there is little love for the Fiat Allis units but they are more prevalent where I have a farm in Central Mo. Question: how bad are parts as the hydraulics to come by? I have found a 14C that is supposed to need a hyd pump overhaul; I am awaiting an answer on how bad the hydraulics actually work or if don't. 1985 tractor, said to start easy and a good weight unit if I can get it and fix it for minimum duty farm use.
Hi DMiller, if memory serves the 14C is almost the exact machine as the 10C the only real difference being that 14 has a turbo. Last one I work on the hyd system was a couple of years ago. Parts had to be orderd as none were instock, but the salvage yards still had a few machines at that time. I hope this will be of some use to ya. oh and our New Holland dealer can (or could)order the parts as long as you have part numbers.
Thanks, I will check with our NH dealer and see if he has that capability. I missed the old tractor by three days, old boy that bought it changed filters, a relief valve and was back in business.
Are you still helping people with problems with Fiat Allis 14C I am having problems with when I apply either brake then both tracks stop. I have redone lots of stuff with it but can not figure it out. Can you call me Rusty at 330-227-3124 or cell is 330-540-9656 or email is [email protected] . I would appreciate your talking to me about it. Thanks
Start a new thread for help with your 14C . This one was from 2010!
Just to give you some direction, I did not buy the unit I was looking at due to cost and availability concerns of parts. As to the 14C, it is badged Fiat Allis but is almost strictly a Fiat design and equipped, the steering system does run on its own hydraulics supply much as most crawlers do so you could have one of these possibles: sheared pump drive &/or bad pump, excess leakage in steering hydraulics or linkage bound/binding not applying the hydraulics but just the brakes. Being as it does it on both sides discount the leakage, look to taking hydraulic pressures on the pump discharge side or the control block for the steering clutches. You will need find a service manual for the machine to identify what you are digging for and correct pressures.
So, are you saying that when you apply either brake, both steering clutchs are releasing?
Sounds like neither is releasing. Had the problem before initiated repairs and still has the problem.
Yes, I guess I am under Doser section on here. I am new to this site. I did reply. Rusty
Thank you so much for replying. It is a Fiat Allis 14C and the serial number is 051184. I sent away for a manual twice for serial number 050101 and up and they ended up being the same book and not having anything to do with my machine. When I apply either brake both tracks stop. The following list are the things I have already done. Replaced both brake bands. Cleaned entire brake system. Rebuilt power cylinders that operate brakes My machine has valves up front by the steering clutch handles which operate two small cylinders that apply the brakes and I cleaned and replaced all o-rings. Installed new brake hydraulic pump which is the type that is the transmission pump and brake pump together. I have bled the machine several times with no result. I installed 2 new filters. I know that I have no lines crossed because I took photographs before I disassembled it and double checked the photos and all lines are where they originally were. Before I worked on brakes, I had only a right brake and right steering clutch that worked correctly. Left steering clutch worked only sporadically after the machine warmed up. I took brake distribution valve to a hydraulic shop and had them tear it down and clean it and replace o rings. After the brakes were completely done, I have left and right brakes and if you step on either brake it stops both tracks. And neither steering clutch works. What insight can you give me. I would appreciate any input you can give me. Respectfully, Rusty Rogers
You are working the wrong end of the picture, you need to stop trying to fix the brakes that are and have been working and work on the clutch release system. Clutches are hydraulic as well, you need to get into that system.
DMiller, There is no clutch. It is a power shift transmission. Rusty
There is still steering clutches in it and if they will not work it will not steer right. Power shift or not has nothing to do with the steering section.
I have already had the steering clutches out and replaced brake bands and the machine powers good on both tracks. There is no slipping in the steering clutches. How do I get into the steering clutch release system - where is that system at in the machine. Can I call you and talk to you? Get me your number please..... Rusty
Look into the service manual, you need to evaluate the steering hydraulics not the brake hydraulics, use the same oil different pumps. I just looked up the Minnpar parts book for the machine, s/n 50xxx and up steering clutch system is on page 254 and beyond, can be lever or pedal operated steering but runs on a separate pump and filter system. I would suggest someone else as I have never owned one of these and have not worked on one for almost thirty years, just ruled out the obvious stuff by your posts. Clutches are spring apply hydraulic release so plates should be good if not slipping.
Parts section is D2.20, breakdown of controls for clutch release is page 258/259 and pump is 260. Some item called a steering trimmer valve on 264.