Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FL80 cab removal

simonsrplant · 2019-03-09 19:03

Has anyone removed a cab and if so I'd be interested to know how you went about lifting it. For the record my cab is an extended cab type. Cant imagine the weight is that high but wondering what is strong enough to lift with without damaging anything. Kinda thinking, doors closed through the windows with a bunch of padding? Appreciate any input on this

Replies4
  1. #1Truck Shop2019-03-09 19:26

    Use 4" wide lifting straps or load straps.

  2. #2Old Doug2019-03-09 20:34

    I open the doors and cut a board to fit the top of the door openings so that a strap will not bend the drip rail or the inside flange. If its a heavyer cab i run a strap under the cab also and use blocks so as not to bend any thing.

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-03-10 20:59

    We did the ford 750 extended cab with all doors open, slings in furthest forward and rearward spots. Makes for a nice even pick.

  4. #4simonsrplant2019-03-11 22:33

    Thanks guys, I’ll see how things go. Need to win the auction on the parts truck first!