Hey! I need ideas on how to keep dirt from collecting on pintle hookup when dumping dirt I have seen mudflaps mounted to the pintle plate but have not been able to get close enough to see how they mounted it . Thanks twj
My current Western Star does not need it as the spreader apron hangs out far enough to protect the pintle. However, on my previous International, I made one out of conveyor belt and just bolted it to the buck plate above the pintle. I used a piece of steel strap about 1 inch wide with 3 bolts to anchor it. Make sure it extends past the pintle about 4 inches, and is about 3 or 4 inches wider than the pintle on each side. Bolt it a couple of inches above the pintle and it will just lay in place. It worked well for me. Hope this makes sense without a diagram.
yup, we have the same exact thing bob described, works great
Us too.
Same here but used an old mud flap. Cut to size, weld a piece of flat steel to hitch plate with some holes in it and bolt on.
Thanks guys :notworthy really thank you for the ideas had to take it back to shop the pto was leaking at the where it bolts up to the bottom of the tranny they said that they retoqured them and run it again and see if that stop the leaks so that is what I will do then they said if that if it does then theywill drop the pto and put another gasket on and check and see if they might have missed a piece of old gasket and left it on tranny. guess we will see Again Thanks ! I did order a new set of front steering axle springs went from a 2 leaf to a 3 leaf the old one was origanal sinnce truck was new and they was a 5400 LB spring the new ones are I think he said either 6200LBS or 7200 lbs can not remember for sure . twj
just get a piece of conveyoer belt, mud flap and mout it up/rig it however you see best fit