Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flash codes

Sadie Lalonde ยท 2021-10-17 01:06

Ex120-2 Do not have diagnostic scanner Put in flash mode got code 34,36 do not show in factory manual Original problem slow hydraulics Found burnt resistor in hydraulic computer Replaced resistor checking for codes Any clue what these codes might mean?

Replies11
  1. #1mg23612021-10-17 05:49

    Welcome to HEF Sadie ! 34 - Open in the BPI (Boom Up Pilot Pressure) sensor or it's wiring. 35 - Short Circuit in the ABP (Arm In Pressure Sensor) or it's wiring. If you had a burnt resistor and someone had placed a higher amp fuse in the F7 Val C/U (for the PVC), that short could have been the cause of the smoked resistor. So make sure there is never anything higher than what is called for on any of the controller fuses.

  2. #2Sadie Lalonde2021-10-17 11:26

    Still has same 1 amp fuse To pvc burnt original and replacement Code 36 ? Code 34 shouldn't cause pvc failure??

  3. #3Sadie Lalonde2021-10-17 11:28

    Didn't have code 35

  4. #4mg23612021-10-18 04:54

    Sorry, should get my eyes checked . Code 36 - Open in the ABP (arm in) sensor or it's wiring. It is almost always a short in the 5 volt circuit that causes that resistor to burn. It could be any one of the sensors or the wiring. All I can say is that is a tough one to narrow down.

  5. #5Sadie Lalonde2021-10-18 11:08

    Had wrong fuse not sure when put in I had it rented out Where are you getting codes from I have factory manual only goes to code 32 Also no trouble shooting above code 32 Is there maybe a supplement I can get? What 5 volt circuit? Maybe 1amp #7 fuse? Thanks for all your help

  6. #6mg23612021-10-18 12:00

    Actually a John Deere 490E manual. Deere 490E is a Hitachi EX120-2 with a Deere engine. Every sensor on the machine is supplied with a 5 volt reference signal. On that vintage machine all the sensor's share that 5 volt signal (even if the schematic shows separate wires). So if a wire to one of the sensors' is intermittently shorting to ground or a sensor is intermittently shorting to ground and there is anything larger than a 1A fuse in F7 then that resistor gets smoked.

  7. #7mg23612021-10-18 12:07

    Edit: Not all the sensor's, only the angle sensor, pump delivery pressure sensors or the Dp sensor.

  8. #8Sadie Lalonde2021-10-18 16:57

    Been using the machine for about an hour and a half computer lights shut off pump went into full stroke fuses not blown my kid wiggle the fuse and the resistor immediately started getting hot when key is on I don't dare to check for codes I think the resistor will smoke where can I get trouble shooting codes and methods Deere manual pushing 500$

  9. #9mg23612021-10-19 04:54

    I PM'd you some information.

  10. #10mg23612021-10-19 04:55

    What I find interesting is this sensor is not used on a -2. It is on a -3.

  11. #11Sadie Lalonde2021-11-10 22:01

    Update on solution Replaced resistor I have extras now When comp not flashing resistor gets hot fuse still good We in unplugged everything on pump and comp started flashing Started hooking up one by one When angle sensor plugged in comp light stops flashing resistor getting hot Next day everything ok Checked voltage on angle sensor ok Ran until comp light off rechecked and voltage way off bought new sensor been using for two weeks everything is good Hope this helps some one any questions I watch this thread or call me at 253-380-4947 Ralph