Shot this D7 in Norway some weeks ago. Must be the most worn-down grousers I have ever seen. (at least on a machine that´s still in use)
More D7
When they wear the bolt heads off they'll have to do something I see it has twin stacks too ?
I love the dual stacks! Never seen that on a d7:drinkup
Yes, you´re right about the twin stacks!! Seems if the put another engine in it. (V8?) A shame I didn´t have a closer look at it. At least these machines are born with a 3306 engine.
Acording to their webpage its a 1987 modell. Dosen't look like its got the twin stacks in the picture i found. And it got a little more grousers to wear on that picture. D7's is not the most sold modell in Norway. Beliewe you found it in Bergen, they are working on the new roundroad around the city. Their truckdrivers is not so popular, as they are driving on public roads with as much rock as the bed can hold. 24' Lbs overload....:cool2 Bet they are driving straight out of the tunnel and onto public roads.
Hi MK TEF Yes it was near Flesland Airport in Bergen. I also found this same picture on their website. It is still funny with those twin stacks.
We need a local spy to find out of the twin stacks!! Rockbreaker do u got any contacts in Bergen or in Brdr Flatebø? I worked with them on Svartisen, but thats 12 years ago..
When they're done with those tracks we'll probably take 'em....Well probaly not. Sometimes we'll grind down grousers on our smaller dozers to make them lower profile as they do much cleaner finish grade work. Which makes the box blading and grass prep so much easier.
That can make sense, as long as your´re not using wide LGP track (they would bend) and not pushing heavy loads (no traction)