Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flat tire on the fiat

td25c ยท 2009-03-14 21:07

Here is some pictures of me changing out the left front roller.I had a bering failure and it wasted the roller.

Replies10
  1. #1qball2009-03-14 21:51

    ugh! that looks like fun. gimme a holler if you ever need a hand.

  2. #2willie592009-03-14 22:06

    25c, does that Fat Allis have a 17000 engine in it? I never got to run a 16B with a 17000. I've ran an 11B with an 11000 II engine in it, man that was a beast of an engine! Load the blade and it would spin the tracks, motor wouldn't even begin to stall. Those '70s model Fat Allis tractors were good machines.

  3. #3td25c2009-03-14 22:10

    It is fun.I love operating and repairing.I can always use a helping hand.I will holler the next time qball.

  4. #4td25c2009-03-14 22:23

    It had the 17000 engine in it .I had crankshaft trouble.I put an 855 cummins in the 16-b and never looked back.The 17000 had the power but I kept breaking the crankshaft.It is a good tractor now with the cummins motor.

  5. #5willie592009-03-14 22:36

    ...and a repaired left track idler!

  6. #6td25c2009-03-14 22:45

    If you look at the picture up close ,you will see a big cam cummins aftercooler above the engine shield.

  7. #7willie592009-03-14 23:02

    yeah, I can see it. It amazes me how many machines get retrofitted with a Cummins. I worked for a drilling company back in the '90s, we had a drill mounted on a Fiat FD-7. The original engine went south, we repowered it with a B series 6 cyl Cummins. It made a nice engine for a drill rig.

  8. #8td25c2009-03-14 23:19

    It was quite a job on the fiat.I had to make an adapter plate,a scavenger oil pump,steering clutch pump,front engine mounts.But it was worth it in the long run.I like the cummins motor in the fiat tractor.

  9. #9willie592009-03-14 23:32

    Ha Ha, I think your stating the obvious. With all the "newer" dozers out there, your hanging on to your beloved Fat Allis tractor. I love it!

  10. #10td25c2009-03-14 23:44

    Well its a good combination.16b & cummins motor.We are hanging on to our old iron these days.