I got problem with my D6H xl! I have to pour some more water into radiator 5 to 10 liters fore 8 hours work! I dot know where it go! I got no water in the engine, the oil is black and not grey! And same whit the transmission! I got power and the smoke is not white only the first minute when it new started. I cant see any leak the macine is dry under! 500H ago we had grey oil in engine so we started to repair the head,headgasket but it appear not cracked so we search and find that it whas the oilcooler so we fix it! but now it start to drink water! what can it be? :beatsme
Is It building alot of pressure in the radiator?may be blowing out the overflow when you are working it hard,And you might not notice a small steady loss on the ground over an 8 hour time.I would put a gauge on the radiator while using the dozer.This would indicate a head gasket,cylinder liner,block,or head problem.I dont know if your dozer has a intercooler in the intake.they can develop a small leak and the engine will burn the coolant.Hope this helps.A leak in the intercooler can also build pressure in the radiator.
I have no pressure in the radiator! I have fill up de radiator to the top with the cover off! and i dont se any airbubble at all! it seem be a normal ressure for me! Thanks fore help
There may not be pressure when the engine is at idle.you need engine warm and the tractor working so you can see the radiator pressure on the gauge.Dose the d6h have an intercooler?If so I would check it.The water is going somewhere.
Oki, going to check it on monday!
Should have bought a Volvo Seriously get your radiator pressure checked to see if it holds pressure over time. We had a truck with a Cummins 855 which was losing coolant and we could not figure out where until one time when we had some time we looked over everything very carefully and found a pinhole in one of the hoses that was that small that the coolant came out under such pressure that it just evaporated without leaving any moisture or trace of coolant behind. Might pay to get oil analysis done to see what is contaminating the oil, perhaps coolant is getting into the oil and the water boils off leaving coolant concentrate. However I am no Diesel mechanic and having a stab in the dark.
Seeping water pump ? Maybe its dripping so sightly that you can not see it . just a guess ?
coolant loss A few things I would check first is your pressure cap good and holding pressure. also remember the coolant needs room for expansion.is it being over filled. if these things are good I would put a pressure gauge in the cooling system . I would simply pressure test the system looking for any leaks.while external pressure is applied I would then stall unit till reaching operating temp. I would then bleed off pressure and close system and repeat the stalling if the pressure returns then u have a compression leak. also a oil test of engine oil should be included in the trobleshooting of this problem . also if this unit is precombustion air inlet cooled the thought of a leaking intercooler is a possibility. in past I have also seen coolant leaks in the area of exhaust porting a very hard thing to find using of a black light will find this problem but this is very seldom a problem just 1 more comment the weep hole on the water pump should not be over looked thanks the BIG d
Hihi Volvo do not make Dozer! Caterpiller is the king of Dozer!
I have checked all things you guys tip! so only to take…apart to see if we fund the broblem!
http://www.truckntrailer.com/trucks...railer/72478/1995-volvo-bd2g-ii-for-sale.html Not sure if that is what it says it is but it's only a pup and one day wants to grow up to be a feline machine. Anyway best of luck sorting your pussy , does it run any hotter than it should?
Hate to break it to you Hendrik but that thing's not a Volvo, its a Mitsubishi. Look familiar? http://www.milleniumplant.com/uploaded_images/mit-706533.jpg http://www.tractorparts.com/images/mitsubishi/MITSUBISHI BD2G LH SIDE.JPG
Another possibility is a liner crack that only appears when it heats up or the piston is moving and it may be low enough in the liner it will not see compression pressure. I guess electrolisis is not out of the question either.
sometimes im proud to be Swedish but this is not the moment! But the volvo wheelloader is realy nice!
thanks now i saw you got proof! no volvo! just what i figure!
Okej i got a realy good mekaniker on it! I write here when i no what the problem is!:Banghead
Now the oil have become grey! so water i coming in to the engine! if i change oil regularly! can i complete the work im on? its about two week left! then i go to the mekaniker!
i don't guess you been around the new komatsu's i have had the pleasure of operating a new d51 with the sloped nose some say it looks like a frog but it sure operates easy and is balanced like you would'nt believe the company i work for has a 6r and some komatsy d61's i will take a 61 over the 6r anyday .