I am not sure this is the correct spot so moderators please feel free to move it. What software do the maintenance/service personnel use where you work? I am responsible for around 90 pieces of equipment. I know Manager Plus makes a nice software package but the price is holding me back right now. Are there better alternatives? I am looking for a program that will let me know when a set time frame has passed like 3 months or 6 months to make sure nothing goes over due on maintenance. I would also be interested in a program that would allow me to add notes like date I change a fan belt or when I add accessories such as a strobe light etc.
crazy-mp, many of the fleet management software's have trial periods. I would download a couple you think meet your requirement and try them out. I downloaded a couple and looked at several and the one I went with was tatems. This program has pretty much everything you need if you stay on top of entering everything. I use most of the feature in the program and it works really well for me. It has reminders for everything and you can set you time frame for each kind of equipment, for pick-ups I have a 4 month or 5000 mile reminder and for backhoes I have a 500hr 4 month reminder. You can set it to remind you when insurance, inspections and all of that stuff. It does have a couple of things that are set up wrong but nothing major. It was really easy for me to figure out how to use it. This program seemed like the best as far as having all the features I needed but not so many to make it complicated. It was kind of expensive but for us it has way more than paid for itself, I think it was 500 dollars. Good Luck
You can check out the trail version here for 30 days Free http://www.vinitysoft.com/fleet-management-software-4-0/ , Do share your views if the resource worked.
Looking at the link how does it know milage and hours on equipment for the price I can't see it coming with tracking devices for the equipment
We use software called equipment 360 made by HCSS its a good program and should be able to offer you all the capability's your looking for but I think its pricey. Not sure how much as I just use it.
We use Track Your Truck to track our construction equipment http://www.trackyourtruck.com/fleet-tracking-systems/industry/construction-companies/
That Vinitysoft application will only work for you if you have contractors doing services for your equipment. There is no way to create templates of all PMs for each type of equipment. Master Service tab should contain all the job description for all types and no way to separate them by equipment or service type. Well, honestly - there is a way - just start every line with for example "777D_PM250:......". But again - every time you create a service work order - you need to pick all these lines. I might miss something and maybe there are more options on paid version, but I think it will just work fine for small light vehicles company only, not for heavy equipment maintenance shop. It looks nice though and idea is pretty good. Dima
We offer world-class Fleet Management Application Development services for fleet owners and fleet managers to get quick information about their vehicle's real-time data.