Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Floating excavator

tuney443 ยท 2008-03-02 15:52

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DuQQIGc7LUY&feature=related

Replies8
  1. #1bobcat ron2008-03-02 17:57

    The sewage treatment plant in Delta, B.C. has a pair of those that clean out the ponds.

  2. #2[-Agent-]2008-03-04 02:19

    I have seen some of those on TV I wonder how stability is in water. :s

  3. #3bobcat ron2008-03-04 19:01

    Not the greatest, but the better ones have steel I beams that get dropped down, that helps a bit.

  4. #4Noose2008-03-04 21:27

    while back I was talking to a guy in Quebec who was busting up ice around the damns and bridges, with one of these

  5. #5d6catd2008-03-04 22:37

    :usa the company i work for has one...they are the coolest thing to use or even watch...we are doin a wetland remediation in hungington beach and kept havin problems with gettin our 330 stuck the owner just went out and bought one haha ya the guy is loaded...but ya if you guys ever get a chance to run one it is awesome

  6. #6bobcat ron2008-03-05 09:57

    One of those was transported to Prince George to bust up the ice jam on the Nechako river, man what a floating joke!

  7. #7tuney4432008-03-05 13:10

    You don't have dynamite in your part of the woods?

  8. #8bobcat ron2008-03-05 21:46

    That river would have been too big, Dynamite would have been a fire cracker on pond ice.