At our mine we used to use this old thing for all our digging. What an incredible waste of time this thing was. We now have a 345C L. This will go to salvage soon. I never liked this machine. What are your opinions of these machines?
There good for running around doing light ditchwork or breaking rock, but thats it.
Ducks Do you mean the C@T in general ? or do you mean rubber ducks in general. One mans waste of time is another mans livin
I have a Cat M322C rubber tired machine and a Volvo EW55B mini wheeled machine. They both go out on rental almost every day of the year. They are nice for working in the city, I've used them on site jobs, but we got a few flat tires and you can't really climb over stuff like you can with the track machines.
I ran a new Volvo EW180 last year for 3 months straight, I actually cried real tears the day it was given back to the dealer, the only problem it ever had was the transfer case over filled with oil and the internal brake got stuck for 2 kms back to my place. I used it for general excavation and ditch cleaning primarily, the VA boom was such a dream to use, it made getting into tight spots easier and balanced the excavator to the point where the stabilizers weren't needed. But it's off road abilities were obviously bad, all that weight on 8 tires, but it did pretty good. Any one who makes a living off those rubber tired units get mad props from me! :notworthy
That machine specifically, is what I meant. We never understood why they bought that to work in a mine. Good call by the managers!! On streets I bet it would be OK. This wheelie was incredibly slow going down the road, too.
The new ones do around 20 mph.
The company I work for has plenty of the wheel machines, Volvo 180's, Cat 318's, Gradall 3300 & 4300, Hyndai. They are a must for street work in my opinion. They are a different animal than the track ones and lots of excavator operators don't like them. If you can run one of these, than you can run anything.
The old Cat wheeled ones were junk, but the new C and D models are real Caddies.
I had a Hitachi 220 wheeled machine on rent and a John Deere 180C on rent. Both machines were 10 times better than my Cat. I think the next wheeled machine will be a John Deere.
Lets see some pics of that 345.I just love those machines.
Here ya go. Was putting in a submersable pump.
Here's one of our Volvo EW170's. I ran a 318 for a couple of weeks, filling behind curbs, and along sidewalks, after they paved, at the wal-mart we did last year. I love to run them!:thumbsup
we have a cat 318 on rubber, it makes more money for the company than any other single excavator in the fleet. and we now have a hitachi 210 that makes us a ton of money. both of our have a railroad wheel on them and all they do is rail work. anything from picking up old ties and rail to ditch cleaning and mowing.sometime we even do tie changing jobs with the 318, the guy who runs it most of the time can do about 150 ties in 9 hours. just the other day the 318 hit 10,000 hours and still run great
I want your job then.
The biggest advantage of these tire excavators is you don't have put the on a trailer..killing two birds with one stone....and a flat tire is a lot easier to change than a track assembly
Ducks I have to agree a wheelie, duck, whatever, is an aquired taste as an operator. I decided that was the niche in the market that would give me a livin and so far it has worked out well. I will never be a millionaire as an owner op,:beatsme but as previously stated in another thread I enjoy operating and dont want to be an owner with 6 as I would spend all my time doing everyhing except operating, including pulling my hair out, getting stressed and firing people As for offroad, its suprising where you can get, its a case of thinking and looking a lot more carefully compared to being on tracks, obviously soft ground is a problem. :drinkup
I'm really twisting my brother's jimmies to get one for this years ditching season, our local Municipality is constantly asking for one in the 18-20 ton class again, and I promised no more sass mouthing jobs I hate if he buys one, new or used, but it's gotta have a VA boom and a blade.
We use or 318's {6} quite a bit.They come in handy for our water main and service work.They are all equipped w/ twist buckets.This comes in handy when hot rockin' the trenches and spurs.
You need to equip a wheeled excavator properly to get its full potential. Rototilt (With a grapple) is a must and a dumptrailer is useful/needed.
We've been trying to convince management at our mine that we could really use a rubber tired machine, but they just won't go for it. We spend forever and a day waiting and waiting to get one of our excavators floated for a 20 minute job. We may have guys ready to do the work, but unless it's an emergency, we get bumped in favour of the production crew's needs. Sometimes we have to wait up to two days to get a move done. If we had a rubber tired excavator, we could drive it to where we need it, do the job in a fairly short time, and them move on to the next. I'm not talking about serious excavation, but a lot of times we need a section of short, shallow trench, or a ditch opened. I've even been pushing for a large backhoe to run around with. At least that way we would have the use of a loader too. Brian
How come you people "across the pond" have the blades in the rear and the steering wheels in the front, all the North american machines have blades and steering wheels in the front! :beatsme Oh and a Variable Angle Boom (VA Boom) is a MUST HAVE!
We put the hitch for the trailer on the blade so we can hook and unhook with out stepping out.
But then which end has the steering axle/wheels?
blades Its strange the different ways that ducks get set up. I always reckon the blades on the front for the guys who cant steer in reverse :duh Many ducks in the UK have the blade on the front and legs at the back, but I put that down to buyers who aren't operators. In Germany and a few other countries the blade is always on the back, ( as is mine, though the machine had 4 legs when it came, just like a table! ) I had the choice front or back and it went on the back. The main reason I have it on the back is it is then over the rigid axle and the machine operates like a tracked dozer when you are grading :cool2 While were on about blades and legs can any of the Swedish members confirm that blades are not used on wheeled exc in thier country?:beatsme I understand my machine had 4 legs, short dipper arm, night heater for engine, cab and fuel tank, road tyres as it was destined for Sweden. I assume the short arm was to allow fitment of a rotating head without compromising stability.
*Shrugs* Without having any hard numbers I would say most wheeled excavators got blades here. See the picture of the Caterpillar I posted Which does come without forward legs though. Åkerman did have legs forward (Over the steering wheels) and dozerblade backwards and every (true) swedish operator does know Åkerman is the holy grail of excavators!
wheeled excavator wheeled excavator with tracks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqF7RdCd47A marco
Cool job Here's a unique job for a duck...
:exactly
My Volvo mini EW55B wheeled machine has the blade in the back, but the John Deere 180CW has a blade in the front. Volvo mini came from Sweden. That may be a European thing.
Most of the literature I've seen indicates that blade location is up to whoever is ordering the machine. My experience has been that having the blade at the fixed/rear axle makes grading easier. Blade follows grade easier and you have more power through turns with a load on the blade. The 595 I used to run had a work steering mode on it. Do the new models have anything like that?
Sorry, I dont understand ! Can you explain a little more. This duck locks the transmission into a fixed low travel when the blade selector is activated, nearly put me through the windscreen the first time I used it :ban Do you mean the steering alters when the blade is active ?
The new Cat D series has a switch so you can steer from the joystick, like an auxilary switch. Pretty swift once you get used to it.
That 595 had an electric switch on the steering column that you could put in "drive" or "work" mode. All it did was reverse the steering when working over the rear. You get to the point where you don't even bother with it.... It was nice if you had to reverse for a long way. AtlasRob: Are you saying that whenever you touch the blade control, the trans. dumps into low range? Pretty sure I'd need a 5 point racing harness to run it! :Banghead
I've seen that Cat steering on the lever option. I think Volvo has it too. Sexy.....
Blade End Just like to add my experiences to the 'great Blade debate'! I once collected a brand new JCB js130w from the dealer, and drove it straight to a water main job we were starting. It had the blade in front of the steering wheels, and no stabilisers on the rear. It was a nightmare!!! to drive, and was straight back in to have the blade switched to the rear. The main problem comes from a 'Duck' having a long and a short end. The steering end is longer from the centre, and placing the blade out in front exagerates this. It also makes the rear wheels impossible to see from the front window as they are tucked under the cab. In my humble experience, any 'Duck' under around 17tonnes does not require stabilisers unless for a specific application, and the blade should be on the rear. I would be interested to hear which 'end' other drivers use to dig over on a Street trenching job, but most I know dig over the blade with it just hovering above the tarmac for vision and stability. Another reason is that this axle is fixed to the chassis, and by utilising a suitable timber or lump of ashphalt to drive one set of wheels up onto a useful amount of tilt can be added to the bucket. I would dearly love to try the Steering on the sticks, as this is very much the way forward. However I feel CAT should spend more time on the balance issues their machines suffer badly from, along with the ridiculous electric slew brake which is worthy of it's own thread!!
Isn't Akerman now part of Volvo? I saw an Akerman EC360 and I thought:" that prefix looks familiar" so i investigated (a nightmare) and it turns out that Volvo also took over Samsung excavators at the same time. Back to the thread (sort of...) what is the use of a dozer blade on an excavata?
Too near the truth :Banghead. As there are both a blade and legs that have a common operating lever, there is an additional rocker switch on the side panel below right arm rest. Push/rock it twice forward activates legs ( front ) push/rock it forward twice more it activates blade ( rear ) If you push/rock the switch backwards twice it activates blade, twice more activates legs. The only reason I can see for having to rock the switch twice is for safety. Once the blade is activated and travel speed is down to about 2mph it dumps the transmission into an almost crawler mode :ban ( note the blade is inactive until the transmission dumps ) 1st time it happened I was aiming to skim a few rocks off some hard ground in high travel, as I slowed with no response from the lever the trans dumped, I nearly needed a new windscreen On a colleages machine that only has the blade and no legs you can blade away in high travel :beatsme I hear you Eddie, and agree 100%. I dont do any serious work over the front end for all the reasons you state. It was a bit embarrassing when the table (4 legs) arrived as I got regular reminders of what I said in the past about ducks with legs I would not order legs but I have them and I must admit at times the extra weight has been quite handy, but dont ever tell anybody I said that
Ouch ! you sure know how to upset the natives When a Swede says Akerman ............... just smile politely, nod and move on As for a dozer blade on excavators, used by many as a stabiliser, used by some as a brake, used by operators for dozing as an operator of a piece of plant you are governed by two things. 1 your imagination and 2 your experience. :thumbsup :drinkup
Holy What If someone sent me to do a shift on one of them huge boxes with Akerman written on it I would probably say 'Holy ****!! Only joking, they certainly earned their reputation as the toughest old girls around, unfortunately I never got to try a wheeled version but have witnessed one dispatching tippers for fun on a muckshift at a rate most tracked 20 tonner drivers would only dream of. As for blade uses, Rob is right that only the imagination of the operator sets the limit. The obvious ones are cleaning up without virtually a trace, moving steel plates, steadying pipes or other long objects or moving roll on skips at an alarming pace!! Of course anyone who has ever laid ductile water main will confirm that the blade is actually a vice attachment to hold bends whilst you push pipe in with the bucket. The other item no 'Duck' should be without is the TAB or Two Piece Boom, this item can really make the difference in skilled hands. I have used them on several Ducks and can say with all honesty I would pay the extra to have one. They make lifting far simpler and safer, aid when working close in on verges and make you look a real pro when digging deep square holes. There is one other point about Ducks that others may confirm, the fact that they will out lift their tracked counterpart by significant amounts. I obviously don't want to advocate lifting items in excess of legal limits, but when called upon I have lifted and placed some weights with Ducks that other tracked counterparts could not loook at. A komatsu pw130es I used for around 18 months used to run Cat315 buckets on a Miller hitch to be compatible with the tracked machines. These were a large bucket for the machine, but it handled it with ease. However on one sewer job I had to unload steel frames from a lorry and the weight on the ticket was 5300kg. The Komatsu lifted and carried these much to my amazement even without a two piece boom, try that with a pc130 and I think they would still be on the truck.
Amen Can't agree more on the VA Boom! Had the pleasure of running one for a few years. Feel naked now that I don't have one. The VA option machines are still in the minority here. I've seen a few tracked excavators that have the option, too. (None in the U.S. as yet) Has anyone tried filling their tires for more counterweight? Filled the tires on my Hyundai R55W when I had it. Obviously, this was pretty easy with single wheeled configuration and such small wheels. It really made life better. No flats, could lift a little more and had peace of mind working over the front and sides. (Had blade but no outriggers) No chance of blowout at a really inconvenient time.... Didn't know what the majority would think about the tire filling idea. Must confess that I've never worn out a set of tires on a full sized machine yet. No idea of how long a set lasts. Would hate to shell out for filled tires only to get a year or two of work out of them.... Additionally, and especially in the case of duals, filling the tires may place undo strain on the driveline and steering systems. My luck, I'd void a much needed warranty that way!:ban:Banghead
if you hate it so much i'll take it off your hands free of charge
Haven't filled a set myself but know of a drainage contractor that had his Hitachi done a couple of years ago :ban NOT RECOMMENDED :Banghead It is not an owner operated machine if you get my drift. It has had quite a few pilots all I heard about after was transmission / axle problems. It was only ever second hand info I got so I need to be careful, but my understanding was that it was not a good move as far as they were concerned and they would not be repeating the operation. I have not crossed paths with any of the workforce for a long time so I cant give you any update. As for tyre wear, rule of thumb 3000hrs / 18 months, anything over is a bonus in my opinion. That is not to say you wont get a lot more out of a set, but by the same account it is easy to do a sidewall and bugger a tyre in a lot less. This picture was taken following a moan about tyres by a QS. This tyre was less than a week old. There had been a comment about why was I getting punctures when I was on tarmac all the time:beatsme The screwdriver and bolt are to show size of the stone.
One For AtlasRob Just back from a few days in Scotland, and managed to get the wife to snap this Sister ship for you. It was working in a place called the 'Kyle of Lochalsh', just before the bridge to Skye. I think it looks a monster with that grapple hanging off her!
Thanks for that Eddie, thats what I wanted a 1505 with the longer dipper,I'm trying to work out if the blade is front or back, I think its at the back, just wonder as it has a spacer between it and the chassis like it would need for steering axle :beatsme Had another look, it is the shadow on the left set of wheels that makes them looked turned. Pretty sure from the position of the turn table that blade is on the front which is why there is a spacer. Is a mean lookin grapple :thumbsup
Need Help Hey guys, I need your help. I saw a wheeled excavator in my home town of Wylie a few weeks ago that I can not identify. It was on a side street in the grass where a sidewalk would be if a street has a sidewalk. I wasn't able to stop and take a picture at the time cause I had somewhere to be and when I went back the next day it was gone. It was three axle, with six wheels. If I remember correctly two axles were on the rear of the chassis and one on the front. It had no markings on it and was painted a flat dark green. I have spent days trying to figure out what it was and that search lead me to this forum. I thought it might have been piece of converted forestry equipment but the tires were not large and the axles were too close together to have just been smaller wheels and tires. Not to mention that the boom was to the side of the cab and not in front of it like the harvesters. Anyone have any ideas on what it was? I have racked my brain and am going nuts trying to figure out what this was. Any help would be appreciated. -Brian
Hi flavourtext03 first of all welcome aboard I hope you find the forum helpful. It sounds to me like you saw a Gradall. Not a piece of equipment I am really familiar with as we dont have them this side of the pond, I am sure somebody else will chip in if they have a better idea. Have a look at this and see if it was. :thumbsup http://www.gradall.com/highway_wheeled.html
Thanks for the input but that wasn't it. Neat looking equipment though. It was more like this but with three axles and only one wheel on each end of the axle. http://plant-sales.hawk-group.co.uk/index.php?module=product&prod_id=22 This is similar to the axle configuration on it. http://www.jimssnowmobileandmarine.com/ranger6by6opt.jpg
Sounds like a 3 axle duck on super singles Pictures of that I would really like to see. & if your going to post links to pictures of ducks, at least use mine. :drinkup
While looking for my mystery machine I ran across this. Anyone have any more photos of one of these? Preferably up close and in action. http://www.gecover.be/activiteiten.htm
I cant find a picture of one, but it sounds like a Case Poclain. I thought they made a version as you described, with 2 axles under the turntable, with a steering axle up front. I cant seem to find a picture of it. Here is one with only 2 axles.
Anyone on here ever run or seen a US Air Force crater repair excavator? It was a John Deere 690? with six tires, three on each side with the center axle slightly lower than the other two for turning purposes. These tires were equally spaced unlike your description of a space between the "front 1 and the rear 2". Quite a treat to operate. It had a blade on the front for stabilizing and pushing.
You mean one of these? Second Picture, I have more I'll post them shortly 15
It may have been centered. It was a week or so ago and I was in a hurry. It was a military green with what looked like some of the glass covered with steel plate. That brings back some memorys. I don't remember it being that big. Thanks for all the help guys.
Here's the Pics I don't have a better one of the side but here's some of the blade, the feet and the boom.
Treat to Operate!! I've got to say that quote by Dave that they are a 'Treat to Operate' certainly cheared me up. I think that beast would be a real 'Treat' in a narrow street laying a deep sewer!! Seriously though' I've never seen anything like it, and am actually quite impressed with the many innovations on the machine. I hope more pics of a 690 in action turn up.
Sounds like a Timberjack log forwarder to me .
Thanks for that link, definetly a new one on me. :drinkup
Hi there. I would have said Yumbo, but when I read again, it had three axles instead of 1 full axle and front dolly like on an old tractor...
Update This is it. What is this. I can't find any more of this kind.
Its a Deere of some kind but I am not familiar with the model. It looks smaller than the 960c posted earlier.
Well my vote goes to DaveVB :thumbsup dont think anybody deserves the cigar more. Hit that nail firmly on the head with the first shot Still a new one on me though. Am I right it thinking it was a type of skid steer rather than conventional steer ?
Looks like it would be a skid. It still looks smaller than that 960c though to me.
I just spent the past 3 days on a Hitachi 160 rubber duck with rototilt filling in behind curbs and prepping for sod. The Hitachi 160 does not have enough counterweight for the rototilt. At full extension over the side (and even before), the wheels wanted to lift off if movements weren´t slow enough. Not really ideal if you´re trying to make time.
I understand your comments and can simpathise :yup Did you by any chance take a picture of the machine? I wouldn't mind betting it has a standard or what some would call a long stick ( dipper arm). You add another 2' ( 500 mm ) plus the additional weight by adding that head, the extra reach is great but as you found it unbalances the machine. I was a bit upset when my duck arrived as it had a short stick ( apart from a few other things like 4 legs) but thats been covered else where the machine was spec'd and piped for a rotator as it was originaly going to a part of the world where they cant operate without one :stirthepot as a result it would end up with the same sort of reach as I am accustomed to without compromising stability. In these pictures compare the top mounting of the bucket ram to see the difference 1st two are Terex Atlas 3rd is Zaxis 140 :drinkup
This model was made by Eada machinery for cat ?
Well, I finally found the elusive 690 that has been on my mind since July when I first saw it. I was taking a back road I don't usually take on Sunday and saw it sitting next to a City of Wylie facility. I rushed home to get the camera before it moved again. Here are some pics. If anyone has anymore information about these c series 690's let me know. I am very intrigued by them.
thats sweet looks like it's in excellent shape. is it a municiplaity machine? looks like a Army corps machine by the paint. Nice pics:drinkup
I am assuming that it is a city machine as it was on city owned property. Based on research and other members description it seems that these wheeled 690c's were only used by the Air Force. I would imagine that Wylie bought the Deere from a government auction as it does look like military paint.
Also look at the windows...
Glad you managed to finally nail that baby and thanks for the update. So showing my ignorance how does Standard fit into the equasion. Did they do major alterations/additions to JD machines for the military ?
I did some research and apparently Standard is a front or another name for this company. http://www.crashrescue.com/default.asp The picture of Crash Rescue's facility and the aerial photo of the address on the plate are the same. The must have bought the 690c with some old firetrucks from the Air Force and sold the 690 under the Standard name. That is my guess. I could be way off.
Looking at that duck i imediately thought of a airforce machine. Tracked vehicles is a No No on airstrips. Three axles would function well on those flat areas. For the duck posted i would say it belonged to a airfield damage repair(ADR) unit. There was/is a ADR group for each airfield. Their mission is to go out on the tarmac and dig out bombcraters, fill in gravel, lay new concrete or premade concrete slabs. They also got aluminium "blankets" that can be rolled out in minutes. Within a number of minutes they have repaired a number of holes in the tarmac. That armoured cab is a must if u need to dig up unexploded bombs.. Or some other nasty stuff like clusters lying around on the ground...... Our Norwegian ADR groups had/has some real strange solutions. They had a duck from Akerman, H7 undercarriage and a H10 uperstructure. ME boom...long before anybody else new what that was.
Here is a gradall. gradalls are very good for finnish work or working on the street plus with a top speed of 55mph you can drive them where ever you want to go
That machine always appears so :crazy to me. I fully understand that it is a proven design and it works but they have never caught on over here, thats if ever there has been one in the UK It just appears so big :wierd.
Thats the thing. The one day i remember when i was about 15 we had the gradall and 330 digging a detention pond and the gradall was actually out working the 330. its also pretty strong we can pick up 8x20 steel road plates its picked the boom and stick off of a 225 will pick jersey barriers with the boom fully extended. Its pretty versatile we use it for day jobs just going out and doing something that won't last long. it can drive from the yard to pretty much anywhere.
john1066: Good looking unit. :thumbsup I know of a guy in FL that hires out on a 5100 like yours. It's his second one and he stays busy all the time. Do you get a lot of hours for yours?
We might use it once or twice a month to run out and grade sidewalks or patch trenches and stuff. a couple years ago it would run just about every day for 5 or 6 months
Hope things pick up for you soon. Haven't had the chance to run one other than about fifteen minutes on a G3WD (?) You mentioned handling barrier. What size will it pick? I've used a lot of wheeled excavators for barrier in the past. Love them. Some states have some really long stuff like 20' or 30'. Some contractors in GA that have big Gradalls use them for barrier. However, most barrier in GA only runs around 6000 lbs. (10' to 12') Couldn't handle those bigger size walls with the rigs I've been on. Wondered with the upper power and additional weight of the truck chassis if your machine would pick more....
gradall hey john is walsh trucking for you or are you walsh?? buy the way I got a chance to pick up a wheeled excavator in pawtucket for $3000.00 its old and beat-on but i know it runs.Iplayed with it about ayear ago after work what do you think or ami nuts ?? you get called back yet?
My dad is walsh. Things have been pretty slow for the last year. but we now have 2 rubber tired excavators and painted the Gradall. we bought a M316C with a regular boom and an M322C with a VA boom both good machines the 316 is a nice machine for running around its pretty fast on the road the 322 is slower but a pretty powerful machine.
I ran a JD 595D or E about six years ago here in Winnipeg. I liked the versatility of being on wheels and not needing a lowbed. Plus with how slow it was on the road I accumulated a lot of overtime hours. lol But with how wet it is around here it was completely useless off-road, I always ended up having to fix up all the ruts I made when I left the road and on one job my drunk of a boss sent me to dig a hole for a septic tank and spent all day up to my axles in mud and with all the growing problems the machine had it didn't have enough power to pull itself through with the bucket so I had a 953 track loader helping pull me around. I unfortunately had the four outrigger option on it so I didn't get to enjoy using the backfill blade. I also had a bucket tilt attachment that was designed to use different buckets but it added all kinds of weight to the end of the stick which made it very difficult to use without the outriggers. But the outriggers had one good benefit and that was when I was ripping frost for a grade beam excavation I could anchor myself much better than a track machine. Recently I was looking through some Volvo brochures and was feeling kind of interested in the Volvo EC55 wheeled I was thinking if I got into digging pools and ponds I could use it with a tilt rotator and not have to worry about trailering it to other sites. But I've also got to consider how soft it can be around here.
One place these machine shine is setting median barrier.Few years back Missouri went from an 10 foot barrier (3800 lbs) to a 12 foot (6600 lbs) barrier for the highway construction .I believe Kansas followed suit. Up until then the tractor mounted boom trucks where doing the barrier but the heavy ones put the boom trucks out of their charts trying to handle them. Next move was a tracked excavator but they had to be plywooded ever they went and you had to haul them in after 9 am then out by 3:30 pm on a lowboy. The excavator really worked well but it was an extra hassle. Sister company had one of these rubber tired cats that was 80% wore out and run it out to set barrier as trial...It worked great.Other contractors have copied that idea.
Spotted one at work
Great pictures, thanks.:thumbsup Wouldn't want anything else for the job! It would be even better if they ever come out with a zero radius version.....
just operated a 210 jd with about 6000hrs today, there sure are uniquie, but i dont think id operate one everyday just to much movin and setin back up again all the time but there are handy in there own way
Many feel the same which is why good duck operators are rare. You could do a lot worse than getting as much seat time as possible any time you get a chance. As you get more comfortable and experienced you will find them a joy to operate and be suprised just what you can do with one. IMHO, but again I am a bit odd, I love my job :tong
LMFAO, I just clocked your signature Great pics by the way. I was doing similar today. Had 8 to move and load away that were acting as edge protection on a bridge excavation. I didnt think to get any pics though
I bet that old thing is the caterpillar 206 mobile excavator. We have one that has a Deutz engine and a Linde hydraulic pump. Its serial number is 2RC00569.We bought it used in the US and the dealer is out of business so we can not contact them. I wonder if anyone out there has the parts book for the Linde hydraulic pump and the Deutz engine. Caterpillar does not have them. I need the user manual books so I can repair it and sell it .
I think I have seen 3 "ducks" in alberta ran one for a day just to try it. In my lines of work they are useless but in the city doing road work I bet they are the cats Meow
We usually use HITACHI and HYUNDAI wheeled excavator, how guys think about HITACHI brand?
I ran a JD that keystone in calgary had decent hoe with the limited time I had on the machine
That machine belongs to a friend of mine. The dozer blade is on the front, it has stabiliser jacks at the rear. I would normally prefer the blade on the fixed axle at the rear but it seems to work well on the front of this machine. The grab is normally used for handling large rocks although it is good for tree stumps as seen here.
Deere 690CK Old thread but when I came across this on an auction site I remembered this thread, as it was the first time I ever saw one. Interesting machine but I have a feeling why they were rare...:cool2 From the JM Wood Auction site - http://www.jmwood.com/auctions/info/id/2655 If interested the Auction is in June...
About five years ago at the federal surplus yard they had one and it was a navy unit painted a light blue also a deere with the six wheel drive, did not have the time to really get a long look at it but the personal said it was for runway repair also.
lots of rubber ducks in the UK,Hitachi seem to be the most popular. They use them a lot on railway work
is that 595 still around? is that 595 still around?