Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Floor mounted throttle pedal into 2025 W900?

Hallback · 2024-06-23 13:31

I have a new B model 900 coming this week sometime. The hanging throttle pedal just does not work for me and I would like to swap over to a floor mount pedal, has anybody done this?

Replies52
  1. #1Old Doug2024-06-24 07:28

    What year is it? If its electronic and a good parts man can fix you up it shouldnt be too bad. I dont understand who figured out the layout for stuff like this sometimes . They ether had a different kind of foot or something?

  2. #2Birken Vogt2024-06-24 09:26

    Interesting question. If the stock one is made by Williams then hopefully there is hope. But of course there are all kinds of options now on what the output to the ECM could be. https://www.cw-industrial.com/getmedia/2202d087-e1d1-49cd-8668-c7dcf4ba0784/CWID-Electronic-Throttle-Controls-Brochure?ext=.pdf

  3. #3Hallback2024-06-24 09:57

    Yes it's all electronic. The TPS I believe should be the same but until I get the truck in my hands and turn into it I won't know. That was my biggest complaint with my 2022 C500

  4. #4Birken Vogt2024-06-24 20:29

    What I notice in that brochure is that it could be APS, PWM, IVS, dual PWM. PWM is Pulse Width Modulation, APS I think means Analog Position Signal and IVS stands for Idle Validation Switch. The existing computer is expecting one certain set of those. So hopefully when you get it, you can discover if there is a floor mount throttle that gives the same signals. Hopefully it will have a Williams part number and not some Paccar proprietary one. I highly doubt there is anybody else who has gone to the trouble to do this, but I understand completely why you would want to, leg bouncing on a rough road probably.

  5. #5Hallback2024-06-24 21:11

    Mainly it's because those cabs are so tight I can't stretch my leg out and so my leg is bent at a 90° angle and I wear a size 14 boot so I can't get my toes bent that far up to run the throttle. In my c500 I put a 2x6 block on the floor that I would rest my foot on but then that just brought my leg up higher in the air. It helped but was not correct

  6. #6cfherrman2024-06-25 07:38

    Maybe a Peterbilt one will work, it's all the same just try one with the same amount of wires

  7. #7Hallback2024-06-25 09:35

    Good idea!

  8. #8cfherrman2024-06-25 20:45

    Modern pedals have one/two tps and a on/off idle switch, I bet they are all the same. The one I got from a 1990 international and the on a 1990 Pete is the same.

  9. #9Hallback2024-06-29 09:48

    I ordered a Williams 402661. It should be here Wednesday or Thursday and I'll get it swapped in. That will make the truck much more bearable to drive

  10. #10Welder Dave2024-07-01 01:37

    I never realized there were throttle pedal options for trucks let alone several different options.

  11. #11Birken Vogt2024-07-01 02:15

    There probably aren't options, Darren is making his own option.

  12. #12Welder Dave2024-07-01 02:37

    Lots of options in the brochure that was linked. Maybe when ordering a truck you could have a different throttle pedal installed at the factory?

  13. #13Hallback2024-07-01 09:12

    No, Kenworth is all just a hanging swing pedal now. I need to change to a floor style as these B model cabs just don't have much room in them.

  14. #14Birken Vogt2024-07-01 10:00

    Those options are probably for small builders like fire trucks and snowblowers, they can pick whatever style pedal that suits them best.

  15. #15Truck Shop2024-07-01 18:25

    Won't have to deal with it much longer---2024 is the end of the line for the W900 and the B Model cab.

  16. #1692U 34062024-07-01 18:49

    2024 MY or 2024 itself? I'm seeing MHC Kenworth has lots of 2025 MY W900 trucks shown on their website. KW will just be another plastic POS aero truck once the B cabs are gone.

  17. #17Truck Shop2024-07-01 19:44

    Yes there are allot in inventory----When we bought the 2022's at that time the salesman quoted 2024 would be the last of the W900L. I have to install a E-log in the latest one the company bought-2024 W900L. Custom ordered with 48" flat top sleeper, it's been at a custom builder turning it into a rolling show truck since last October {the bill is hideous for the work} all for one driver. It's suppose to be done today actually. I will try and get a photo of it.

  18. #18Hallback2024-07-01 23:12

    My dealer was showing me a photo that he took at some factory training last week and it shows 2027 the 900 gets a redesign. He said 26 will be the last year for the 900

  19. #19Truck Shop2024-07-02 09:34

    Late yesterday I talked to another that said 2025--who knows.

  20. #2092U 34062024-07-02 09:41

    What are their plans for the C500? That'd be a travesty to see one of those with that new cab.

  21. #21Hallback2024-07-03 00:15

    Maybe that means they're going to skip 26 and debut the new version of the 900 in 27?

  22. #22Hallback2024-07-03 00:16

    The c500 is now only available in the extended day cab and is no longer available with the fiberglass hood option.

  23. #23Hallback2024-07-06 09:06

    My new Williams pedal arrived yesterday so as soon as the truck gets back from pinstripe and lettering I will get it put in.

  24. #24525isx2024-07-06 09:09

    let's see some pics of the pinstripes !

  25. #25Hallback2024-07-06 20:03
  26. #26Oxbow2024-07-06 20:24

    Very nice!

  27. #27Hallback2024-07-07 00:57

    Williams pedal is in. Wires were extended for correct routing. I had to trim quite a bit of plastic away from the shroud but I really needed to get this pedal as far forward as I could and it seems a million times better already. I'm going to pull the bracket back off and paint it black so it doesn't stick out so bad but overall it's much better.

  28. #28Birken Vogt2024-07-07 01:16

    I wonder if they started hanging them to get them up out of the dirt and water. Also the floor mount there is a set of wires flexing all the time, hangers the wires stay still. All about warranty claim numbers no doubt.

  29. #29Truck Shop2024-07-07 06:52

    Funny thread.

  30. #30Hallback2024-07-07 09:23

    Hey, I resemble that remark!

  31. #31Mike L2024-07-07 11:01

    Got any pics of the whole truck?

  32. #3292U 34062024-07-07 11:14

    Butterfly hood looks cooler anyways.

  33. #33Hallback2024-07-07 12:16

    Maaaaaybe

  34. #34Mike L2024-07-07 14:05

    Well maaaaaybe we’d like to see them

  35. #35Hallback2024-07-07 14:12

    It's not ready to be on display yet

  36. #36Truck Shop2024-07-07 14:44

    Takes time to assemble good things.

  37. #37525isx2024-07-07 15:16

    looks ok on phantombullet

  38. #38Hallback2024-07-07 19:26

    Not many local truckers over there

  39. #39Truck Shop2024-07-09 12:55
  40. #40Hallback2024-07-09 14:22

    Boy that's a beauty! And just think I was about ready to upload a couple photos of my beater, not now!

  41. #41Truck Shop2024-07-09 14:46

    I'm just glad I'm not there to deal with it or working on it. Trucks like that are a pain, hard to work on, can't roll around under them, KW and their after thought of fuel tank support brackets. Put a scratch in it and oh my, the sky is falling. Really it's a fine example of OCD, it's a truck not a street rod. This unit just like the last one this driver had---the drop axle tires will---------------be original by the time it hit's 500,000 plus--You see it doesn't look cool with the drop axle down while cruising at 70. He hasn't got caught yet but the day is coming. The steer takes a beating. * that stupid mack i built---is just where it belongs collecting dirt in a shed with the fuel in the tanks turning humbug black, and possibly some Hew Hampshire mice have moved inside and built a nice stinky crap filled home.

  42. #42Hallback2024-07-09 18:09

    I have to agree with you TS, those things are show cars and very nice at that but they're not good working trucks

  43. #43Hallback2024-07-09 18:09
  44. #44Oxbow2024-07-09 18:12

    Beautiful!

  45. #45Oxbow2024-07-09 18:13

    How's the throttle?

  46. #46Hallback2024-07-09 18:21

    A thousand times better than that hanging pedal. Has more range of motion so it's more progressive and it's not so on or off

  47. #47Truck Shop2024-07-09 18:23

    That load of logs looks AI. lol

  48. #48Hallback2024-07-09 18:27

    I'm very thankful to be hauling for this outfit. It's two brothers and they move more wood than most of the bigger outfits around that have a whole crew of seat fillers. It's almost like a vacation when I work with these guys.

  49. #49525isx2024-07-09 18:48

    in the capitol forest ?

  50. #50Hallback2024-07-09 19:51

    Out by Morton

  51. #5192U 34062024-07-09 22:27

    Interesting how you folks south of the border put more axles on the logging truck and stick with a tandem trailer. It seems to be the opposite around here - they opt to add more axles on the trailer usually.

  52. #52Hallback2024-07-10 19:53

    Some guys run a three axle trailer down here and there's actually even a couple guys with the four axle trailer so they can still be 105.5 shortened up all the way to 26s but myself I like to pack the weight on the truck instead of pull it behind me on the trailer