Hi, new here. Just bought a 1972 case 580b hydrostatic trans. No manual. Want to change the trans fluid . Case dealer said transmission and hydraulic fluid are together? Takes 17 gallons. I don’t expect it all to come out? My question there’s one plug underneath for the transmission and one for the oil pan and one for the rear. So if I remove the plug at the transmission how much will come out there’s also a plug on the loader frame I assume to take that out but I don’t think I’m gonna get a lot of fluid out. How do I change this I also want to change the transmission filter. I’m going to get my fluid at TSC 5 gallon pails and they’re on sale for the next day. They said it takes high trans ultra. The can TSC says hi trans ultra. Thanks for your help in advance. Tom
Hi, I too am new to the backhoe world and have just recently purchased a 1975 580b hydrostatic. The reason I am posting this reply is because on my unit, there are a total of 4 drain plugs underneath! 2 are for the tranny, 1 each for the rear end and oil. The transmission filter is located in front of the radiator. Like I said, this all new to me, but I hope this helps out. Take care....