Hi. I have a JCB 1400b and bought 2 hydraulic filters which my parts manual lists for it. There’s a skinny one and a bigger(fatter)one that’s around 8 inches in diameter. We replaced the skinny one but cannot for the life of us find where the hell the bigger one is located. If anybody might have any idea where it’s located on this machine, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I thought it has one filter and a suction screen. It would be unusual for a T/L/B to have 2 hydraulic filters. Take a look at the transmission filter and compare it the one you bought.
Ah ok thanks! Yeah I probably spent 80 bucks for a steel caged large filter I don’t even need. Lol. I will check that. Also I found that the pickup servo has a filter element in it. They get clogged sometimes according to the manual.
If the metal caged one has a flange that has two bolt holes that is the transmission strainer. Here is a page from the Operators Manual.
There is a Suction screen inside the (passenger) side hydraulic tank port cover. There is also a screen for the power steering in there.