Hey Everyone, I need a few suggestions, no need for this being a 10 page thread! I have a 2015 CAT 908M compact wheel loader, snow removal only. When it come time to drain and refill fluids, (example) Hydrostatic, how do I refill in such a tight area? Please don't say funnel( I have those!) Is there a syphon pump or something I could purchase on-line or local? Thanks! Philip
I’m not familiar with your machine but I have a fitting made to fill the differentials on Deere loaders. I took a plug the correct size and drilled a hole through it. Tapped it for pipe thread and put a 90 degree elbow and a nipple on it then I slide the hose from a pail pump on the nipple and clamp it. That machine has 2 fill holes so I remove the opposite one so I know when it’s full.
I like the hand pumps that oil safe systems sell. For small quantities. https://www.oilsafesystem.com/oil-safe-premium-hand-pump.html
I've got a brand new Hitachi pilot pump I'm going to turn into a drill powered transfer pump for this sort of thing. Of course I've been saying that for the last 8 years.
I have a dispenser that was factory made for service stations probably 80 years old. It is a heavy upright tank about 3 foot high with wheels and handles built onto it. Tilt it on it's back and remove large plug and you can pour a couple of pails of oil in it. Put plug back in, stand up and connect air hose to regulator, open valve to let air into tank, close valve, remove hose and wheel it over to where you need it. Put end of hose in diff hole, open valve and the pump goes cachunk cachunk cachunk as it dispenses the oil where you need it. So much easier than using squeeze bottles or the caulking gun style fillers.
Lol, Thats when they made good stuff! Everyone great ideas and thanks!