Just started, and it's coming out of the rear of engine. here is a video I took Any idea what it may be or where to start?
I had a chance to look at it again and it's definitely coolant
Having trouble seeing where that leak is but one thing I will say is always look up hill from where you see the leak! Or if there is a fan blowing air around look up wind. I might see if there is some easy way to pressurize the cooling system with engine off. Something like removing temperature sender and hooking a line with a air regulator that you can set to just a bit below the rating of the pressure cap on radiator. That way you can carefully poke around with flashlight and mirror to flow the stream of coolant back to the source. Just a guess would be water pump seal.
Good suggestion, or use a radiator pressure tester, they have gotten cheaper
With a leak that bad I would be looking for a partially blown hose. Other common sources include the thermostat housing, the head gasket directly under the thermostat housing, and the water pump. Could also be a crack somewhere but that's unlikely and wouldn't leak that much anyway.
Also just noticed the first post said it was "rear" of engine. I can understand someone saying that but to myself and most others the "rear" of an engine is the end the flywheel is mounted to. Might be a little nit-picky but calling the front of an engine the rear of engine just because of how it is installed in the machine can cause all kinds of confusion down the road. I always try to think of the front, back, right and left of an engine as totally separate from how in may be mounted in the machine it is powering. Now if you are lucky enough to work on a 1710 Cummins V-12 some idiot at Cummins decided that the left and right banks of that engine was determined as you stood at the end of the engine the timing gears were locate. After working for over 12 hours already and getting to the tune-up part of a job replacing heads for the next morning that can **** one off big time to forget that!
I would like to see a pic or video back away far enough to make out the other features of the engine, I have worked on dozens and can't place the location from so close up!