Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fluid milky in 1968 Case 580CK

Ol Henry ยท 2021-02-10 18:09

What is the fluid in the tank right in front of the seat? Still trying to get hydraulics working after cylinder repack and checked this tank. Fluid was really milky looking and way up on the dipstick. 2-3 inches up the stick.

Replies4
  1. #1Dirttracker182021-02-11 09:49

    If you are referring to the case in front of the shifter, that is for the shuttle and torque converter. They share the fluid from there. It calls for Case TCH fluid or equivalent. The case under the seat is for the differential and under the shifter is the transmission. Both share the same fluid which is heavy weight gear oil (80w90?, don't quote me on that specific oil). None of these are for the hydraulics for the equipment, FEL and backhoe. That fluid is contained in the arms for the loader.

  2. #2Ol Henry2021-02-11 17:20

    Thanks for the info!

  3. #3outlawspeeder2021-02-15 12:04

    The dipstick that comes up though the floor is rear end and transmission. (80w90) Shuttle and torque converter is on the right side engine access. (Case TCH) Engine oil is on the left Steering forward right. For the Case TCH I use the cheapest I can find. Oils today are so much better than when our machines were built s the cheap ones are still better then the ones that came with ours. The milking rear... What I did. I drain it and then poured fresh till it came out clean. I then used a cheap oil and ran the ho for a week. Lots of driving all gears. I drained that (had a little milking look) and used a good oil. The owner of my case had driven my 580 though a creek over the axles. He was digging the creek and thought it was ok.

  4. #4Ol Henry2021-02-16 14:12

    Thanks for the info. Gonna try this.