Yesterday I got a call from the lab and was told my engine is falling apart and that I shouldn't run it. I immediately called my mechanic who has been working on dozers for 35 years. He told me if I brought him the oil filter he could tell if there was a problem or not. After cutting it open and examining it he said it was ok. I asked what he would do if it were him and he said he would run it. I'm posting this in the hopes someone else has had conflicting lab results. This machine is a 1980 International with 1350 hours. The oil pressure is about 75 to 80% with throttle up then drops down to about 25% when idling. It has plenty of power. I found another company for a second opinion. Thanks, Dan
How did you take your sample? What reading has them saying it is falling apart?
samples Their mechanic took the samples. They are reporting a high particle number per million.
Could you post the numbers for iron, lead, copper, aluminum and silicon. I always use a vacuum pump with a new piece of plastic tube down the dipstick tube just after I shut down the engine.
John C.'s 100% right....that's how you sample it. Is that how you got your sample? Best, Tony