Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fluids for a 1970 something JCB bachoe

Jake warner ยท 2020-07-06 20:03

I have an older jcb backhoe. 1970s model 3d or 3c. I'm trying to find out what fluids to put in the 2 reservoirs in the picture. I think one is for the transmission, and may be 80-90. One may take 30wt oil. But clearly I dont know. So if anyone knows what is what in that picture, and what fluids they take that would be much appreciated. Ive been needing to use this thing for months, and its been one thing after another. I think after i fill these I'll be ready to run it. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Jake warner2020-07-07 15:09

    Here's a picture of the whole machine. If that helps.

  2. #2skata2020-07-08 00:17

    That's an old beauty. Have your tried calling a dealer to see what model or year it is? Here's a link to some old jcb manuals if you know which machine you have. http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/app.php/dl_ext/?cat=5&sid=52cfaad57587d714000ebc3f8bd8bdbb