The new to me machine delivery was delayed 1 day due to weather. I am attempting to get the service records through the Texas open records process. I don't know how long that will take. Regardless I plan to change all filters and fluids. Many compartments use different specific fluids but Cat 154-0195 TDTO TMS can be used in most places. I have no idea at this point what the previous owner used. The TDTO TMS fluid is about 50% more expensive than other products but simplify the process. What has been your experience with the "universal" fluid? The machine has 7700 Hrs. on it. Thank you
Why not drop $52 and download a copy of the operation & Maintenance Manual from Cat that will have all the answers to the above questions and maybe to others you haven't even thought of yet.? The Cat Pnblication reference is SEBU6821 and you can download a copy from HERE . Just put SEBU6821 in the box and click the Search button. What sort of Min/Max ambient temperature range do you have year round.? How many hours/year are you expecting it to work.? Personally I would not use Cat-branded oils UNLESS the dealer was offering competitive pricing against commercial oil companies. Any name brand oil (Shell, Mobil, Texaco, Conoco, etc) would be just fine. I always counsel against buying any lubricant where any of the words tractor, farm, or universal appear in either the name of the prooduct or of the outlet that is selling it.
Temperature typically between 50 -105 Fahrenheit but could get into the teens on rare occasions for a few days. I anticipate 200-300 Hours per year.
In that case. SAE50 TO-4 for transmission, tandem drive cases, circle drive box, and front wheel hubs. SAE10W hydraulic (or TO-4 if you like, makes no difference) for the implement hydraulic system.