Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fluids question

lbz351 ยท 2009-05-15 06:38

hi, i just bought a fiat allis fd5. aside from the engine, what types and amounts of fluids am i looking at for: transmission/torque converter rear end inc steering clutches hydraulics if nobody has this kind of dozer, I assume its similar to other machines, what type of fluids do you guys normally use in your other machines in these areas? I found and ordered service manuals but they are being shipped and I want to change fluids this weekend. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1Chris917862009-05-15 21:36

    pivot shaft, final drives

  2. #2td25c2009-05-15 22:49

    I use tractor fluid in the tranny ,rear end ,and steering clutches on my 16-b fiat allis.It's equivalent to 10 wieght motor oil.I use 90 wieght gear oil in the final drives.

  3. #3Michael752009-07-08 18:04

    Does anyone know where i can buy fluids that are comparable with cat fluids. I need power shift oil and hydralic oil. thanks

  4. #4lbz3512009-07-08 18:41

    Shell Donax TC is rated for the new cat standard