Hey all! I gots another thread in "General" that I started several monthes ago about starting a new debris removal business. (Still got that goin on) AAAAAANYWAY. I just started a new part time gig in a river rock quarry today, plucking rock off a conveyor belt and tossing them into pallets with wire walls...boring. But one of the perks (and why I took the job) is getting to ding around on a peice of equipment for 15 to 20 minutes a day after work, (today was my first day) and I got to play around in a Komatsu WA 500. Dont know if this means anything to you, but this thing seems big to me! And it was big fun!!! All I have ever run before was a Case 580? fork lift for 3 years at a transformer plant. This job pays me $14 a pallet of rock. My first day today I did 11 pallets so I guess I made about $154 but the cool thing to me is getting a chance to learn to run something aside from a forktruck. I have read so many things that said "just hang around and do what they tell you till one day someone says during lunch break, hey, hop in that thing and try and do such and such" but I was begining to think it wasent ever going to happen, but it did. The deal is they train me on the loaders over time, and I get a little cash, win, win, win I think! Sammy
Cool, congratulations. You know we need some pics of that loader. What are the rocks your sorting out for? :drinkup
Thanks. I will see if I can get a picture or two of the machines in a week or two. As far as the rocks I am embarrassed to say I really dont know! As I only have worked up there one day, Im still learning about the rocks that I am seperating. All Columbia river rocks,, just not sure what the owner does with them. At this point all I know is that he will pay me to work any and all days and or hours that I want to. $200 to $300 a day if Im cruising, that is DARN fine money in these parts. CR
Sounds like pallets of river rock for landscaping. A 1 ton pallet of "river jacks" retails for about $260 around here.