I guess those Cats are not as strong as some people think they are. :lmao I'm just kidding. Enjoy.
Well duh Cat's always the best, especially when it comes to clunky old BHLs... clearly... the operator was doing some type of dozer work and the machine was moving so fast when it slammed into a pile of dirt, the backhoe part slammed into the cab! The loader arms were strong enough not to break, but the pin holding the backhoe had a different fate. Okay so what really happened? That looks kinda terrible... hopefully no injuries? (note that the first comment was said 100% in sarcasm -- and radd16 -- though this edit comes after your post, it wasn't mean to reflect your post. I just wanted to make sure I stated that it was a joke)
Very good guess Tigerotor77w but I don't think that is what really happen. I wish I did have the story on this one but I don't. I was passing by a truck stop on my way home when I seen that machine. I ran home and got my camera and took some pictures to share on here.
That backhoe ain't broke......thats Cat's new 290 degree boom. In the new configuration, the boom can swing around to touch the front bucket. As you can see, it would also be great for cutting in slopes. :laugh
Looks like it hit a low bridge in transport:my2c
i say bridge :usa
Happens a lot, guys that leave the backhoe in the locked up position, not a lot of places where it will hit but it only takes one low bridge. Gotta set the bucket on the deck and chain it down.
You would think if it was a bridge that the boom would have been bent back, not forward,like it is.Unless he was backing up????? Since the boom is laying on the cab it looks to me it happen when he was backing machine up.Maybe they run it into concrete wall :beatsme With more thought,i guess they could have had the machine loaded backwards and hit a bridge?
The machine was loaded backwards on a trailer and the boom wasn't put down on the deck of the trailer. I've seen it happen before. A lot of drivers think that the transport lock on the boom is for hauling the machine around. They couldn't be more wrong. It's just for traveling around a jobsite not for hauling on a truck.
I think you guys need to jack your bridges up a little.
Due to the lack of scrapes and scars I'm thinking pivot pin failure or lost the pin. Check out where I put the red circle I don't see a pin there and should.
I'm not sure but it looks like a pretty good ding in the bucket cylinder tube about where it intersects the cab.
I see it now that you said it, but it still don't look like enough damage to bust the pivot hinge or pin. Although when two large objects meet while one or both are in motion something has to give and it's usualy the weakest point. So I'll retract my earlier statement and guess Bridge,train tressel or maybe a loader with the bucket up in the air slammed it from the rear. In any event that would have been the worst seat in the arena at the time. Hopefully no one was on it when this happened.
Same thing happened to a local contractor, young guy was moving a brand new deere backhoe. hit a bridge at a pretty good speed, did the same thing.
I'll go with accident during demolition. Looks like the seat is facing to the rear of the machine which would seem to indiacte that there was an operator on board at the time.
seems transported with excess height.