Does anyone out there have any fixes for my foam filled front tires on my 4 wheel drive backhoe? They are slipping on the rims. We have tried to drill and screw into the beads like we used to do in my drag racing days, but they arent holding. I am a newbie so i cant start a new thread. any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jerry from Va.
Here ya go, Jerry. Your very own thread. And welcome to HEF. :drinkup
Sorry Jerry I have no experience with those type of tires.
Sorry Jerry, No ideas here, I've never used foam filled tires on my hoe. Have you tried talking to your local tire joint, or where you had them filled? I'm sure one of the guys here will chime in with some wiz bang brilliant idea... oh and WELCOME TO HEF!
I'm wondering what the manufacturer has said about your problem. I don't know anything about those tires, but a tire requires a certain amount of air pressure and press fit with the rim, to lock. A solid tire, like on forklifts, requires a press fit and some have a locking lug welded on the inside of the rim, that fits in a groove in the tire. Phil
How about if you drilled half inch holes in the rims and then tapped them so you could run a four or six inch bolt into the foam . Do that about four places around the rim and I would think that that would keep it from slipping, just my two cents
Super Glue em I would say that without air pressure the tires will slip on the rims. Most any tire that is low on air is subject to seperate from the rim. DD