Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Need Help Identifying Older Backhoe..

Demonskates ยท 2010-02-16 07:40

How are ya all. I work for a small cemetery in West Bridgewater Massachussetts and we have a Ford tractor and backhoe(we think). The tractor itself is a 445A,this much we know. But we are sure the backhoe itself is not the original component. The stabilizers were removed and a custom A frame type stabilizer set up was put in place so the backhoe can fit between rows of headstones...The backhoe has a two lever control set up.I did find a tag with the component # I think,and its serial #. As follows:19 801 Serial#B4 8733 If you have any recomendations where I could referance those numbers,or if any of you may know what this is, Id greatly appreciate any info you could give me. Thanks, Dave..::Banghead

Replies5
  1. #1gbdigger2010-02-16 09:09

    I'm not the best guy to help on this, but it would really help if you could post several pictures, I would think several could help you then.

  2. #2gbdigger2010-02-16 09:26

    19 801 appears to be the model number for the backhoe arrangement which is original equipment on a 445A.

  3. #3Demonskates2010-02-16 09:28

    This is awesome news. The Owner of the machine never thought that it was..so weve had it wrong all along.

  4. #4Demonskates2010-02-16 15:16

    Thank you for your help....

  5. #5Mikefromcny2010-02-16 18:15

    The 445A model was built 1984-1988 according to the New Holland poster I have.