As they say in golf "follow thru is everything". This is one of the best forums on the internet. And that is a bold statement. Post a question and there are a ton of folk willing to help. Then comes the follow up. When you resolve your problem, then let everyone know what was found and what fixed it. You may have pushed it over a cliff to resolve the problem, but then that is follow thru. Most already do this but it is a common courtsey to all. Happy New Year
LoL, haven't had to resort to that method of resolution yet...but at times, I've been tempted to. Yes, posting an answer as to what fixed a problem is beneficial for all. Sadly, I think a lot of people come here in desperation as to what to do, check, or fix, kinda like calling a dealer and asking a technican. Likewise, when those persons get advice for what to do, and perform the repair, they rarely call the dealer back and thank them for the advice. Oh well, I guess the world is a mixed bag.
I agree there is nothing more frustrating than finding a thread where someone had the same problem and then it just dies with no response as to what solved it. Maybe a marker on the thread that says solved would be a good idea. I see that on other forums.
X3 but no does ever follow though even on forums that have emergency threads often the forum just locks then after so long without a response. The easiest way is to just PM the OP. I know thats time consuming but no amount of markers ETC is going to make people do it.