Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Follow up on fuel issues

deadenddave ยท 2026-03-31 14:40

When I throttle up on that 963 it starts fluttering when I get to a high idle and it's pulled off my fuel filter to check it and it's only half full what would cause that

Replies11
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2026-03-31 14:49

    transfer pump might have a bad check valve

  2. #2deadenddave2026-03-31 15:06

    Transfer pump is brand new I know that probably don't make it good but it's brand new

  3. #3deadenddave2026-03-31 15:09

    Could that LG have clogged up the primary filter

  4. #4pittsburgh cat man2026-03-31 15:09

    What he said

  5. #5pittsburgh cat man2026-03-31 15:11

    It should be a screen and can be cleaned

  6. #6deadenddave2026-03-31 15:17

    That was supposed to say algae not LG sorry yeah I just had to go to the shop and grab a 15/16 to take that top bolt out to get that primary loose and look in there and see if there's any of that s*** clogged it up

  7. #7deadenddave2026-03-31 15:17

    At low idle it runs fine it's when you throttle up it starts fluttering

  8. #8pittsburgh cat man2026-03-31 15:25

    serial number?

  9. #9deadenddave2026-03-31 18:09

    That got it the screen had stuff all over it seems to run fine thank you for your time

  10. #10pittsburgh cat man2026-03-31 18:39

    I've actually seen quite a few that would run with 0 fuel pressure with no load

  11. #11Welder Dave2026-04-15 23:46

    Sounds like the same symptoms when the screen in the hex fitting on a 3204 is plugged.