Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

For all you Cat-aholics Happy New Year

Old Magnet ยท 2016-12-31 12:03

Must see video!!! https://youtu.be/2uqMEQerbOU

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies11
  1. #1Junkyard2016-12-31 12:10

    Is there anybody out there these days that dreams up stuff like that? We all do I supposed but we seem to lack the gonads to do it! Happy new year all. Be safe! Junkyard

  2. #2seatwarmer2016-12-31 12:18

    Junkyard Its my dream to rebuild all that old "junk" by hand and run them

  3. #3Welder Dave2016-12-31 15:09

    I'd like to see that twin high track Cat.

  4. #4Junkyard2016-12-31 15:30

    If I did one tenth of the crap I dream up I'd be as infamous as LeTourneau or somebody like that. Heck if I just had the money to finance the projects I'd be dangerous! Junkyard

  5. #5DMiller2016-12-31 16:35

    I hear all of that, with a little too much cash and machines available I would be as INFAMOUS as well!!

  6. #6CM19952016-12-31 19:39

    You and me both!:drinkup

  7. #7JDOFMEMI2016-12-31 22:00

    I love to see the creations of the pioneers in the business. They had less to work with, but were not saddled with all of the current rules and regulations that serve to stifle ingenuity and serve to protect the status quo for the current big dogs. Without that, I know I have ideas that could be put to work, as well as many of our other members, and with a less threatening business environment, capital could be found to put at least some of those ideas into action.

  8. #8old-iron-habit2016-12-31 22:09

    Thanks for posting OM Welder Dave, The high track Siamese D8 with the funnel dozer was built for clearing at the King Ranch in Texas. It was the only high track built. None of the original 3 Siamese D8s survived. Glen, Ed, and Peterson Cat built this one from scratch, using a pair of 2Us that they completely rebuilt. It is the only one in existence. It will be at, and probably doing some pushing, at the ACMOC national show this Memorial Day weekend at Santa Margarita, CA. and probably some other shows also. Hope to see you there.

  9. #9ol'stonebreaker2016-12-31 23:03

    Not a fan of them, but Euclid built the TC-12, which was two C-6's bolted together. I ran C-6's more than I care to admit. Mike

  10. #10old-iron-habit2017-01-01 20:08

    There was a working TC-12 at the Brownsville, Pennsylvania show last August. I was fortunate enough to get to doze a few passes with it cleaning up after the scrapers. Certainly a different machine. Steering with the throttles was not something I am used to but it went well.

  11. #11ol'stonebreaker2017-01-01 22:08

    Never ran a TC-12 but with one 6-71 screaming in a C-6 I can just imagine having to listen to two side by side. Mike