Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

For the Cat 5130 fans

Miningpower ยท 2010-01-16 21:34

Here's a video of a Cat 5130 front shovel in action. You can't get much closer than this...:drinkup This shovel's removing the overburden ahead of the draglines which are pulling the coal vein. YouTube - Up on a Cat 5130 Shovel My buddy Joey who runs this shovel

Replies6
  1. #1EGS2010-01-16 21:50

    That is nice looking machine. How big of a bucket does it have on it?

  2. #2Miningpower2010-01-16 21:57

    13.5yd bullclam

  3. #3EGS2010-01-16 22:26

    Sweet!

  4. #4Tracksoup712010-03-04 21:08

    Nice pics. we have one that we just bone yarded. We had a 5230 with a 23yrd scoop which is olso in the bone yard. We were growing in size and had to upgrade to Hitachi 3600's with 27yrd scoops and now a Hitachi 5500 with a 40yrd scoop. The bigger equipment is fun but I sure miss those CATs. They were so much more cumfortable to run.

  5. #5catd8t2010-03-06 10:11

    it seems to swing fast i like it

  6. #6Miningpower2010-03-09 08:24

    Yeah they're actually pretty fast machine and very quite. I don't think I've ever heard of an operator complaining about their comfort