Just want make some remarks about some modes that worth doing to save the hydraulic pumps and motors. Came up with this in light of recent events. If it was said before - please excuse me! But I think repeating is not gonna harm anything. I think it is worth to plumb in the suction and case drain pressure switches and installing idiot lights and buzzer in the cab. With suction and case drain issues very often when symptoms manifest them selves it is too late for the pump or motor. I would recommend using refrigeration low side safety switch on suction line because those designed to minimize air infiltration in the event when pressure drops below atmospheric. One example is center pivot leaking travel motor pressure in to case drain, pump kept ripping slippers retaining ring and breaking off slippers, was rebuilt three times before cause was realized. Or case drain filters bypass valve splitting in two pieces and one of the pieces blocking drain flow. Issues like these not easily recognized, and may lead to considerable repair costs before finally investigated.
No replies yet.