This little guy was throwing me curve balls yesterday for 2 hours. No travel either direction on this CB34. I started off with the electrical and couldn't find anything wrong, everything in perfect order. So I start checking the charge pressure...……….perfect at 380 PSI. I even go to the manipulator control pressure line to make sure I have flow...…...yep it has flow. Had me scratching my head at this point
I decided to pull the neutral/park brake solenoid valve, everything looked good...…….until I checked to see if it was stuck. It wasn't stuck.....the stem inside the cartridge had broke! It was just kind of floating in there. Too small for a good pic of the broken stem.
New valve in and we are off to the races! This is a public service announcement………...an FYI just in case someone else runs into this same issue.
They should have never switched yellow paints.... nothing lasts since they made the switch...
Actually I'd like to see a category about great troubleshooting repairs. It was something I tried to get going at the Komatsu dealer years ago. I was running into the same issues time and again and when getting together with other mechanics found they had run into the same thing as well. I though something like a news letter between employees would have been great. But that was in the days of paper, no cell phones or internet so the thought remained just that.
I agree a category to show troubleshooting successes would be a good idea for knowledge sharing. Our company actually does something like that. We have monthly service meetings and find out about difficult issues mechanics had and solved from all the branch stores. We also cover all the latest service bulletins from the manufacturer to keep us abreast of what issues they are seeing so we mechanics are aware of them in case we run into that issue.
What did this solenoid valve cost? I’m assuming that’s a new coil that came with it? I had to replace a solenoid valve on my JCB that looked identical to this, and JCB charged me $605 dollars. That seemed way out of line.
A round $300 if I remember right.