Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 3550 Manuals

daniel17319 ยท 2022-01-26 16:06

Does anyone know of a good source for all the necessary information on this tractor. Also anyone know were I can get backhoe, or any other tools for this tractor?

Replies5
  1. #1_Weldman_2022-01-26 19:54

    Going to need to buy a Ford 4500 or the likes for the backhoe to go on yours which essentially going backwards in power. These are relics and hard to find parts, look up Ford 4500 and you pretty well have same parts almost but the books and such should have information on them just as Ford 4500. I own two Ford 4500's is how I know.

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-01-26 20:09

    The on-line parts book is HERE.

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-01-27 08:34

    If you have an eBay account, the service manual is quite affordable. Here is a LINK to the listing. Agricultural tractors are usually limited to 3 point hitch mounted backhoes. I ran one many years ago. It was just slightly better than using a shovel.

  4. #4daniel173192022-01-28 10:30

    I always walk away usually with more questions then when i started when I come one here, the 3550 is not a agricultural tractor and ford made a backhoe for it. I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. A backhoe is slightly better then a shovel, on a construction tractor?

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-01-28 12:01

    Ford made the 3550 in both an agricultural style tractor and an industrial tractor. The industrial one was available with or without a backhoe. The ag style can be fitted with a three point hitch backhoe. I was referring to an ag tractor with the 3 pt backhoe on it when I said it was a little better than a shovel. I would guess that the backhoe will be hard to find without the tractor. Searching salvage yards may get you some results. You can get the specs for the industrial tractor HERE. It doesn't list the backhoe model number. That would help in your search.