i have been searching for an in frame overhaul kit for a G188B gas engine and has proven to be very difficult. If anyone has a good contact would be great. Please advise
Welcome to HEF, Roger ! I highly recommend that you contact Dal or Debbie. HERE .
Thank you very much tinkerer! I've be running my unit for 19yrs and has been very good to me and thought I would give an overhaul to maintain it. I live up north and need it top notch for the winters up here, and new tractors are too expensive. Again thanks for the guidance.
Looks like you put a lot of hours into it ! It looks really nice. Ready for paint ?
actually this is before i took it apart after i i got subframe off
waiting on new main bearings and cam bearings, should get resurfaced head back from machine shop next week
thanks Tinkerer for appreciating the work!
Don't forget to measure the backlash on the oil pump gear. On a high hour engine it may need a different shim(s).
10-4 will do, now it's about getting that big oscillating pin out from front end axle and bushing to replace!
checking backlash
Nice work, Roger ! I never did ask if you need any of the manuals for your 580B.
i have manuals for the 580BCK, the one thing I don't have is manual and part numbers for the loader itself, only a little bit on loader and how to remove it from tractor for servicing or for rebuild as I am doing, did not think it was going to be this much work though.
The CASE 580B Model 35 backhoe parts catalog has all the information you will ever need for the loader. The catalog title is deceiving because it does't mention the loader in the it's title. I have the manual, the loader info starts at about page 347 in it. Send me your email address in a Private Message and I can send you a download link to it.
thanks for the help!!! how do i send private message?
Click your curser on anyone's username and a box will pop-up. See where it says, start a conversation ? Click on it and type in your message and hit send.