Hello, Somewhere on here I thought I read where someone was converting a Ford 4500 loader with 2 levers to a joystick. Would help when your using the loader alot, like loading dump trucks. I know a lot of the earlier fords used the two levers for the loader. If someone had coverted it, I was wondering what they used for parts.. Thanks
anything is possible you need to buy a after market valve and make it work. Plumb it in and then make the mounts
Thought about the same for my 4500. I know you will never find a new valve that will even begin to fit the lines. Ford used some weird valve with different than normal inlets, routing, and fittings. Would require that new steel feed and return lines be made. I gave up and decided that it was just fine the way it was.
A little imagineering with linkage and gymbals should do the trick if you have room for it.
I have used both styles for years ,have never seen the need to switch from one to another.
I have both, move effortlessly from one to another. Changing the valve will prove to be expensive, and fraught with problems. A fabricator, machinist, or garage hack can build a linkage for it. I expect it to be labor intensive. Willie