Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 4500 TLB/ International TLB

sbybee ยท 2013-03-14 21:44

I have a 1971 Ford 4500 Tlb and have been fixing problems since I bought it, tires, lines etc. Now I noticed the top of the radiator is moving alot and I can't seem to figure out what is missing in the way of brackets or mounts. Any suggestions? Also on a side note a neighbor has a 80's International TLB for sale, cheap maybe, I got it running seems to have a weak cylinder (four cylinder diesel) but it stayed running without overheating and hydraulics work. Has hydrostatic trans. 270 A, with 2 hoe buckets. Decent tires, no welds that I could see, 3500 firm. Between Fresno and Yosemite, if anyone is interested. thanx steve

Replies2
  1. #1randyau60322013-07-07 11:07

    I have a 73 4500 and it had only two bolts in the bottom of the radiator 1 on each side. the return hose on top supports the top of the radiator

  2. #2HardmanGT2013-07-07 11:49

    yup, no brackets just the 2 bolts that hold the bottom of the radiator to the frame