Looking TO buy this ford has sat 10 plus years outside no cover has no clutch pedal forward reverse on dash believe year 1967 want to know if I will damage it if I tow it home 7 miles ? It's a gas job 753 hoe? 740loader? Can't read plates very well all scratched
By tow you mean with all four wheels on the ground ? I know I wouldn't do that unless I wanted the transmission to end up trashed. I would have a roll back flat bed wrecker take it to your home.
This tractor has a power reversing transmission, sort of an early hydrostatic/ automatic transmission. I would not recommend towing it that distance.
IF there is a manual shift transmission behind the reverser, then the manual being in neutral will allow the rear end to turn and only the output side of the manual will turn. If I could verify that none of the reverser is turning then I might tow it.
Worked on a forklift years ago that got towed a few miles, the transmission looked like a grenade had gone off inside, not even the housing was reusable. I wouldn't. As Davo727 sez, get a rollback to do it or rent a trailer and pull it on with a winch or comealong.
There is a lever at your right heel ,seated facing front of tractor. What Would this be ? There is no clutch pedal.loader and hoe on ground. May need to dig hole in dirt to get coffee can under oil pan.proly not worth fixing up ,but I like bringing old equipment back to life!
The pedal you are speaking of is the positive traction locking pedal. When you depress it, both rear wheels spin for added tration.
Yup I know that is on outside of heel there is one on inside of right heel on side of housing on round cover where on ag tractors was the hydraulic flow know .I kind of know this as we used to have a 67 4000 gas on farm.but this lever is flat , don't remember seeing any detent holes believe it in or out.,or up ,down shafts through case.kind of like pto on 8n except on other side